Author Topic: COWON PLENUE D PLAYLIST STORAGE DOESN'T SHOW/SUPPORT PLA  (Read 9436 times)

Phntm

Just received a Cowon Plenue D. In configuring the Playlist Storage in the Preferences I see that PLA is not an option, but for my other Cowon devices it is available.  Is there a way to get that option?

When I transfer a Playlist to the device, the Playlist does not work with the available options: M3U, M3U8, M3u(#EXT), M3u(ascii), ASX, WPL.  The songs are transferred, but the playlist does not work.

It may have to do with not being able to set the device to MTP mode, but I am not sure.

Thank you.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I think you're right about it having to do with MTP mode.

Btw, I.deleted your duplicate post.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Phntm

Sorry about the duplicate posts.  Wasn't sure which category was most appropriate.

It doesn't seem that this device has the option to switch to MTP mode. 

So how are others getting playlists onto a Cowon Plenue D?

I found that the M3U(#Ext) almost works, but not quite properly.  If I can't get the playlists working properly I may have to return the device.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I don't have any experience with that device, but you might get a response to a wishlist request
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

TaRaNTuLa

Sorry about the duplicate posts.  Wasn't sure which category was most appropriate.

It doesn't seem that this device has the option to switch to MTP mode.  

I found that the M3U(#Ext) almost works, but not quite properly.  If I can't get the playlists working properly I may have to return the device.

Here is information on how to set MusicBee for a Cowon Plenue D to recieve playlists. Just regard anything that says Cowon in these settings as Sony instead. The settings are very finicky and you must set them EXACTLY the same or it will not work. Double check that they are all the same when done.  Click the green MusicBee bar in the upper left. Select edit preferences. Go down the list to devices. Choose Plenue D and then click configure. Go down to settings. In the box that says music files: type the following: Music\<Playlist><Artist><Title>
Where it says playlist path: type the following: Playlists\
Create a subfolder for each playlist and its tracks: Make sure this is checked
Save as: M3u
Path prefix for tracks: \

To set MusicBee for the SDXC card on your Plenue D: Go back to edit preferences\devices and then choose removeable disk or SDXC card ( by default it usually lists your SDXC card as removeable disk) and then click configure\settings and make sure the settings are exactly the same. If your SDXC (or Micro SD) card is not listed under devices by its proper name, it is probably listed as removeable disk. If you want to be sure this is the correct SDXC card, click removeable drive and then click configure\settings, you should see the correct file path to its proper drive letter listed under storage path. At the top of the screen under edit\preferences\devices: Uncheck the box that says: detect mtp devices, unless you want to have MusicBee detect a cell phone SD card. Now in your Plenue D go to the root folder (touch the icon for folders at the top of the Plenue D screen) and you should see the SD card listed and all the playlists you created in MusicBee.
When you want to send a
playlist to the Cowon Plenue D, right click the playlist in MusicBee and choose send to\device\Plenue
D, or removeable storage device. It will now send the playlist and the music
files to the proper area on your Plenue D.
IMPORTANT: Under Tags (1) in the middle of edit preferences, look for custom tag 1,2,3,4 etc. Change custom tag 1-8 to: Save to music file as tag (Original File Name) This will ensure MusicBee does not rename your songs or place weird tag data of its own and simply place the song and its tags as it was in the playlist and not edit anything.

gibletpie

I found that the M3U(#Ext) almost works, but not quite properly.  If I can't get the playlists working properly I may have to return the device.

Here's how I do it:

In MusicBee, you can access the settings for the Plenue D by clicking on the MusicBee title in the upper left-hand corner and selecting Edit>Preferences>Devices>Plenue D and clicking the Configure button. Or you can find it in the bottom of your Library Explorer panel under Devices (if you use the Library Explorer Panel). Using this method, you would select the Plenue D and click Settings. If you want to work with the SD card, you will find it listed according to the drive letter it shows up as under Preferences>Devices, or as Removable Disk (with a drive letter) under the Library Explorer.

Now, where it says music files:, set it to however you like all of your music organized. I use Music\<Artist>\<Album>\<Disc-Track#> - <Title> but really, set it however you like. Further down, where it says playlists path, set it to wherever you want your playlists stored. You can do Playlists\ if you like, but I don't like to create unnecessary folders, so I use Music\ so that they are stored in the root of my Music folder. Again, go with whatever scheme you like. Beneath that, you will find create a subfolder for each playlist and its tracks. Leave this box unchecked. For save as format choose M3U(#EXT) from the dropdown. path prefix for tracks should be set to a single backslash: \ Finally, use relative file paths is also unchecked.

If you use an sd card, make sure the settings for that drive are exactly the same.

Now you can transfer playlists to the device by right clicking the playlist and selecting Send to>Device>Plenue D (or Removable Drive--you can use either or both). The music files will be organized in the way that you have selected, no matter what list they are on. The playlists will go where you have selected as well. When finished, right click the Plenue D in the Library Explorer and select safely remove (or do this through your OS).

You can now select your playlists from the music selection toolbar on the Plenue D. While browsing, click the back arrow until you can't go back any further and the toolbar appears near the top of the window. The one that lets you browse by Folders, Artists, Albums, etc. Scroll all the way to the right and the last icon on the right will look like a piece of paper with a musical note. Select that. This is where your playlists will show up. They will all appear here together, no matter where you have stored them.

And that's it! One of the benefits of this method is that your files are only stored once on your device, no matter how many playlists they appear in.

Fes

Hi there to everybody in this thread!

So I tried using Musicbee to send playlists to my Cowon Plenue D and it wouldn't work, then it worked ONE time and then it didn't work after many tries. I tried everything the two people above me sugguested and it is EXACTLY the same and it the playlist just appears "blank" with no songs in it on my Plenue D. Can somebody help me? Because I am going insane! lol.

Thanks in advance.