Author Topic: Using multiple Custom Tags with exceptions  (Read 2375 times)

shash_yazh

Hello, Newbie here.

How do I get multiple Custom Tags to work at the same time, if I have say, more than two, with values? I understand that when using exceptions, they are evaluated in reverse order; bottom to top. When I have two Custom Tags (<Custom3> , <Custom4>) for one file, and I want to implement them into the filename & foldername, I can only get one at a time to work. Both exceptions are set to "has a value".

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
How, welcome to the forum!

I think a screenshot of your naming template would help is understand what you're trying to accomplish better.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I would still find it helpful to have a screenshot of your current template.  You can upload it to a site like imgur and link it here.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

shash_yazh

Ok, this is what I'm trying to do. I'm trying to implement multiple Custom Tags into the naming template without having to change the titles within the MB Library. As you can see, it's only allowing me one value at a time. How do I get both <Custom4> & <Custom5> to work at the same time?

Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 03:12:50 AM by shash_yazh

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
click the ellipsis (…) button to open the Exception Criteria screen.
There you can add extra values.
For your case, make sure too change dropdown to match all
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Another approach might be to use a single exception and some $IsNull statements.

Set the exception to match ANY of Custom3 has a value, Custom4 has a value, Custom5 has a value.

Then make a template that includes Custom3, Custom4, and Custom5, but instead of using just the tag, use this function for each tag:

$IsNull(<Tag>,,<Tag>)

That means that if there's no value in the tag, it will be skipped, otherwise it will be displayed where you've put the function.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

shash_yazh

click the ellipsis (…) button to open the Exception Criteria screen.
There you can add extra values.
For your case, make sure too change dropdown to match all

Ok, I tried this approach with the exceptions set to match "All" & the result was the original preset.

This next one, I switched the exceptions to match "Any" & this was the result. Close, but not quite.

shash_yazh

Another approach might be to use a single exception and some $IsNull statements.

Set the exception to match ANY of Custom3 has a value, Custom4 has a value, Custom5 has a value.

Then make a template that includes Custom3, Custom4, and Custom5, but instead of using just the tag, use this function for each tag:

$IsNull(<Tag>,,<Tag>)

That means that if there's no value in the tag, it will be skipped, otherwise it will be displayed where you've put the function.

I think this is what you meant. Same as above, but with $IsNull(<Tag>,,<Tag>) for each Custom Tag & this was the result for that. Also pretty close to what I was hoping to do, except where there is a null value for <Custom3> there are a set of parentheses.

I suppose, I could just remove the parentheses & brackets from the naming template & just include them in the Custom Tag field. That should work exactly how I was expecting.

Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 02:02:37 AM by shash_yazh

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I suppose, I could just remove the parentheses & brackets from the naming template & just include them in the Custom Tag field. That should work exactly how I was expecting.

Or you can put the brackets/parentheses inside the $IsNull statement, i.e.:

$IsNull(<Custom3>,,"("<Custom3>")")
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

shash_yazh

Or you can put the brackets/parentheses inside the $IsNull statement, i.e.:

$IsNull(<Custom3>,,"("<Custom3>")")

That worked perfect! Thanks!

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Glad to help!  There's more info like this on the Functions page of the wiki, by the way.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)