Author Topic: Album Types (LP's ; EP's ; Singles ; Compilations, etc.)  (Read 97183 times)

The Incredible Boom Boom

I'm using the method where the "Group By" section is using the virtual tag that is blank, so in sub-grouping i'm using the virtual tag that really sorts the grouping in the way i want., also the custom sort that i'm using is: Grouping/ Year (Desc)/ Album

I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to say here. Can you clarify it?

aktor

In music explorer when you group by virtual tag you can make it blank when the tag has no value with this formula for example $IsNull(<Grouping>," ",<Grouping>) but the blank space remains. As i to don't like empty space I have set it so it displays "albums "with with some ornaments when it isn't an Ep, Single etc... I would very much prefer the option with no emtpy space.
•―――•  ۞•――――•      $IsNull(<Grouping>,"  A  l  b  u  m  s  ",<Grouping>)      •――――――•  ۞•―――――•

dalesmedley1990

Any chance of getting all this put into an easy to follow step-by-step tutorial or as a plugin or something?

audioscience

SUCCESS

It's too bad we can't make the headers bigger. I'm going to make a wishlish post to see if Steven can make this all a but more simpler by adding better ordering support for groupings

Nevermind, I was doing it slightly wrong- Have it working at 100% as intended!

Wow! Can this be done under the Album Artist view?

The Incredible Boom Boom

You can split the Album Artist view to the right and it will appear like that.
You would set this up in Layout under the Preferences.

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P

Not sure you could do it the same as Sub Grouping is not available in Artists view.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

audioscience

You can split the Album Artist view to the right and it will appear like that.
You would set this up in Layout under the Preferences.

I tried looking for this setting, but uhm, can't seem to find how to split the Album Artist view to the right.

Help please? :)

The Incredible Boom Boom

I tried looking for this setting, but uhm, can't seem to find how to split the Album Artist view to the right.

Help please? :)

In Preferences -> Layout (1) -> main panel, you'll look for the "show the tracks for the selected album or artist"... option.

audioscience

I still can't seem to find the correct setting for this, but I have somehow chanced upon an easier way of doing this

This works for both Album Artist and Artist views

1. Set the "Groupings" tag to your preferred labels
2. Click the "Configure Layout" button on the upper right of MusicBee (see screenshot below)
3. Under "Main Panel > Group By > Grouping"
4. Check "Show Header in a Separate Row

And that's it! Simple as that.

My only concern now is setting the Groupings label on the Main Panel to my preferred arrangement--as I would really like the Studio Albums to show first, then EPs, Live Albums, then Singles, and Bootlegs. But it seems to sort alphabetically.

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
I still can't seem to find the correct setting for this, but I have somehow chanced upon an easier way of doing this
You are using the Music Explorer view (not the Artists view as you said earlier) that has different set of sorting/grouping behaviour than the Artwork view that this guide was written for, but I'm glad you where able to get it working to suit your needs.

My only concern now is setting the Groupings label on the Main Panel to my preferred arrangement--as I would really like the Studio Albums to show first, then EPs, Live Albums, then Singles, and Bootlegs. But it seems to sort alphabetically.
This is where you'll have to get creative with some zero-width-space (ZWS) characters in your grouping tag to overcome the alphbetical sorting
Last Edit: January 09, 2024, 11:02:20 PM by Bee-liever
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together