Author Topic: Help Organizing Music Collection  (Read 3394 times)

gtamara

Hi All,

I'm new to Musicbee and I need some help. I have a music collection that was ripped but a music server and the way the music server ripped it, is by putting each cd in a separate folder. So for example c:\Music\CD001, the second cd would be C:\music\CD002 and so on and so on. I've now make a copy of the 'Music' folder and with all the cd folders and stuck it on another drive. I've pointed Musicbee to the 'music' directory and it has found all my music. But now Musicbee is not keeping the albums together. For some CD's it will show the cover 3 times and will split the album into 3 album.

How do I let Musicbee reorganize my music collection?

Thanks
G
Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 07:26:52 PM by gtamara

CritterMan

• Now with FiiO M11!
Home Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable • Questyle CMA400i (ASIO) • Sennheiser HD 660S (balanced) / Audeze EL-8 Closed Back / Fostex TR-X00 Ebony • Teac AI-101DA • Jamo C93 + Dayton Audio SUB-1000
Work Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable / Tidal • SMSL SU-8 v2 • Nobsound NS-05P • THX AAA 789 • Sennheiser HD 58X (balanced)
OTG ~ FiiO M11 • Audiofly AF180 / B&O H6

vincent kars

But now Musicbee is not keeping the albums together. For some CD's it will show the cover 3 times and will split the album into 3 album.

Probably a tagging problem.

MusicBee assumes tracks belong to 1 album is "Album" and "Album Artist" are the same.
It is possible that your music server uses another convention e.g. "Album" and "Artist" are the same.
Inspect these fields.

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8878 P
also check
Preferences> Sorting/Grouping> specify how files are grouped to an album
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together