Author Topic: Unusal problem with "Move to Organized Folder"  (Read 1084 times)

Skoop

On one of my PCs, which have identical installations, the command named above has stopped working in this way:

When clicked, either from a toolbar button, or right-clicked on a file in file view, the File Organizer window opens, and I click the dropdown to get to the "To Folder" option to select in Windows...

But, I can't select a folder.  It shows the folder opened from the previous time I used the command, and I can't change it.  

I can click the drive (D) closed.  I can select any folder or subfolder on the drive, including the ones shown, and create a new folder as though I wanted to move the file there.  

But I can't open \Music up beyond what you see.  The Artist-Ensemble Theorema-and the album in the subfolder are stuck.  I can close them, but that's all.  

Nothing is locked in Windows Explorer, but using MB and Move to Organized Folder is frozen as described.  

If I use the vanilla "Move to Folder" rather than "Organized Folder", it works fine.  Edit:  I take that back, no move command works anymore.

Something changed that I can't find.  I haven't been in Preferences other than to change some podcast settings.  

I'm stumped.
Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 04:07:13 PM by Skoop

Skoop

Well, it seems to have resolved itself.  Although I do dislike attributing anything like sentience or purpose to a computer or software device.  

Now when I click open the Explorer window I see the entire folder tree for the PC, with everything closed.  But I can open what I want and create folders and complete the move.  Previously, the Explorer tree would open to the location of the most recent event prior.  

So I still don't understand what is/has happened, but I'm back in business, so there is that.  

I'll just thank the eclipse for the fix.

Carry on.