Author Topic: Problems when parsing brackets in musician names  (Read 1622 times)

c-Row

To be able to separate between different artists sharing the same name I have adopted the Discogs naming scheme, adding additional numbers in brackets to an artist's name. This worked fine until the upgrade to v3.1 (3.1.6426)

In the example below I have added a performer credit for "Gavin Dunne (2)" which gets correctly listed in the Peformer column. However, when opening the artist window again the "(2)" gets cut off and parsed to the role field even though the tag is still correctly present according to the tag browser.

When I switch to text display the entry gets (in)correctly displayed as "Gavin Dunne: 2" as well.

This seems to be a display problem only, though. When I add an additional artist to the list Gavin Dunne is saved as "Gavin Dunne (2)" again.

[edit] A bit of further testing showed that this only happens when using the "Performer" credit. When adding an artist as "Guest Artist" for example it will still be listed correctly next time.
Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 11:48:45 PM by c-Row

Steven

• Administrator
i am not able to reproduce this. Make sure you are using the latest v3.1 (3.1.6426 isnt)

c-Row

3.1.6442 and it still happens.

It only seems to happen in the editor window. When displaying the Artist: Performer column in the Album & Tracks view it looks correct.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I think it's related top the formatting of the performer tag in different formats. Some do use () to specify performer roles
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Steven

• Administrator
ok, i know how to reproduce now so should be able to fix it

edit:
i think its going to remain unsolved because the way MB has implented caching of the data (as opposed to storage in the tags) for performers.
I suggest you use square brackets for the "Performer" choice
Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 06:28:11 PM by Steven

c-Row

I guess that will do for now. Praise the search & replace Gods.   ;)