Author Topic: Update Play order doesn't work  (Read 1080 times)

cochese217

I am brand new to MusicBee, having used Windows Media Player for 15 years for my DJ business. I like what I have been seeing so far but ran into a problem the other night while DJ'ing a party. I always make up a playlist based on what kind of party I am playing for. The whole night is always moving songs around depending on what people are dancing to. With WMP, dragging a song to a different spot in the list, it would automatically play that moved song next and continue on down the list. In MB, if I move a song to play next in line, it will skip the song I just moved and play the song that was originally next in line. I clicked on the playlist>list>update play order and figured that would update the playlist with the new order. But it still skipped to the next song instead of the one I had just moved there. I tried right clicking on the song I just moved and hit list>update play order with no luck. Is this a known glitch or can I not save the playlist order after moving songs?
Thanks for any help I can get on this. Oh yeah, and I have a wedding to do on Saturday so I hope I can find a solution to this before then! :)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I'm not sure why what you did didn't work, but try right clicking on the track you want to play next and choosing "queue next". You should see a number next to the track name. 

Just beware that once you've queued a song, if you want to make another one play ahead off it you'll have remove it from the queue. Add once the queue is done, things will proceed down the list from the last played track, no matter where it is.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

cochese217

Awesome! Choosing queue next did the trick. So in doing it this way, am I able to only move 1 track at a time? For example, if I want to move 4 songs to play in consecutive order, will it only play the one that I chose to queue next or will it take effect for all 4?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Try it and see, but I would expect them all to be queued.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)