Author Topic: Playing the whole library shuffled/in order  (Read 4566 times)

aximar

I like to play the whole library shuffled (I have a hotkey set) and when I get to a song from an album I want to stay with, I just used the hotkey for toggle shuffle mode (off) and the album played on in order (then I used the same hot key to play the library random again). When I use the hotkey now, I stay with the album but the songs play in backwords order, let's say, I jump to the album's track number 10 and instead of playing tracks 11, 12,... it goes 9, 8,...

Is this a bug, or is there anything I can do in settings...?

Thanks

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Is it possible you accidentally reversed the order the playing tracks list is sorted in?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

aximar

Thanks for replaying!

I don't think that is the thing, I do not have any list created, just play the whole library, and all the albums have the order set correctly (I am one of those weirdos with all the tags checked and correct  :) )

This morning I tried the same thing at my work place with Musicbee a bit older version 3.0.6190 and it works fine, with shuffle mode off, the tracks play in order they should. Back at home I have the latest version 3.1.6427. The music files I moved to the library of both computers are the same ones. It probably won't be this, but it is the only difference that I can think of, all the other settings are identical.

Anyway, thanks again.

Steven

• Administrator
can you send me a link to your settings file: help/ support/ view settings

aximar

Hello Steven,

http://www.mediafire.com/file/1ud93xw3br2papz

In case it would help, I also noticed the albums go one after another chronologically in order when I skip forward, but inside each album the tracks go backwards.

Thanks a lot.

Steven

• Administrator
you have the file set as private. PM me an accessible link if there is a reason you dont want to share the link

Steven

• Administrator
i think you are going to need to provide step by step instructions, saying what key you press or whether you double click an album cover etc

aximar

When I open Musicbee I just press ctrl+K, the hotkey I have set for Playback: Play library shuffled. I do not double click any album, I do not go anywhere. When I get to a track from an album I want to stay with, I press ctrl+S, the hotkey for Player: Toggle Shuffle Mode. For me it used to work that the next track played was the next track on the album, and it went up when I kept the shuffle mode off, now it is a previous one on the correct album and it goes down. When it reaches track number 01, it correctly jumps to the next artist's album (chronologically), but starts with the last track on the album and goes down. When I want to go back to the "whole library shuffled", I just press ctrl+S again.

I switched computers few weeks ago and downloaded the new MB version and I think that was when I noticed it started to work like this.

Hopefully I do not take much of your time, thanks a lot.

Steven

• Administrator
Using the settings file you sent, shuffle is initially not enabled. Press Ctrl + K plays the library shuffled ie. adds the entire library shuffled to the Playing Tracks list but doesnt enable the shuffle button. Pressing Ctrl + S toggles the shuffle button so turns it on ie. enables shuffled playback by randomly selecting tracks from the Playing Tracks list. So what you say doesnt make sense as that would not play tracks from the same album except by chance.
Perhaps you start with the Shuffle button enabled?
If you did have the shuffle button already enabled then MB would add the files to the Playing Tracks in an approximate order of artist and album tracks but thats not guaranteed with the current behavior but i would be willing to change that if thats how it behaved with 3.0
Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 08:40:23 PM by Steven

aximar

You are right, what I described is working only when I open MB with shuffle on from the last time I used it. When the shuffle is off, it plays randomly no matter what mode the shuffle is. I did not notice this before, and I use this way of playing daily, maybe I had the shuffle initially enabled, as you wrote, in the previous version, I am not able to find it in the settings now.

When I started using MB, as I constantly change the shuffle mode while listening to the whole library, I found out by accident that the tracks start to play in order when the shuffle is off, and just thought this is how it should work - I really liked it as it was easy to listen to whatever was randomly chosen, but keep the album playing on with just one Ctrl+S. It still works like this, it is just the order which the album is played in that goes backwards.

Steven

• Administrator
when shuffle is enabled and the entire library played, this version will ensure the Playing Tracks are added in artist/album order

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_1/MusicBee31_Patched.zip
unzip and replace the existing musicbee application files

aximar

dec

shuffle just doesn't seem to work. it just plays one track after another w/o any shuffle at all!

I want the whole library ie every track to shuffle.