Author Topic: Config/theme show off thread.  (Read 294428 times)

HeartlessHeartland

Here is my current configuration. Using the supernova theme, many thanks to the creator. I have a red themed laptop and this theme compliments my machine very well. Also, the red font and black background is easy on the eyes, especially during late night sessions.

My favorite parts of this layout includes the genre column on the left side of the screen (great for playing music that matches my guests tastes or my own mood), the large artwork display is perfect for displaying my painstakingly gathered high res album art collection (album artwork is often unappreciated these days in digital libraries), and the pane on the bottom lets me gather more information on the song/artist (this is great when hunting down missing albums or tracks).

Other tidbits I love about MusicBee in general include the wave bar, it looks so much better then a plain old status bar, my Milkdrop 2.2 visualization (not visible in screenshot), and the ability to sort my library by album artist and by year at the same time. Oh yeah, also the fact that this awesome program is free! I have used many "premium" media players such as J River, Mediamonkey, etc... none of them compare to MusicBee!

Just wanted to share and show my appreciation for the great application and its dedicated fanbase!  8)

[Imgur](http://i.imgur.com/T2Q8pdF.jpg?1)

Alexis

mozartjune

How were you able to setup the lyrics like that?

Alexis

I use miniLyrics to automatically retrieve synchronized lyrics and save them into the song file.
They are not lazy... just more efficient.

felipe

I like to appreciate the album cover (after the music itself is the most important part of the album). That's why I leave the cover of the largest possible size. And keep the player "essentially minimalist".
My organization settings:
Music library organized by year. (Album cover section without titles, I consider not necessary)
Artist list organized by music count.
My library only has complete discographies.  (I have a secondary library of over 10,000 songs with partial organization.)
Album with covers in high resolution (some of them manually collected and scanned - other of them edited in photoshop - most of them downloaded from google image search in advanced search by resolution - some others downloaded from amazon ou artist website).
A tab for most played songs.
Tags revised in official sites and wikipedia artist or album pages.
My computer is offline, so deactivated the image of artists and lyrics.

Cover files are named "folder.jpg" in all folders.
the organization of folder and files in explorer is:
artist > year - album name > track # track title.ext

I would like to see your opinions.

Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 07:11:01 PM by felipemaciel

romuloferreira

Yours is nice, felipemaciel! Unfortunately I don't have a screen this large, so I have to leave the album covers covering a relatively small part of it.
Here is my current layout, running on Windows 10.
http://i.imgur.com/PRa4Oko.png

arabuli

romuloferreira I like your layout very much.

I have a few questions. How can you get big artworks under Artwork field?
And how can i hide library option in right panel? i found the option but can't uncheck it.

romuloferreira

Thanks arabuli :) actually I was inspired by the screenshots here and played a little with the layout, now it looks like this:

About your questions, you can hide the library bar here:

Is the artwork size that you mean the one on the bottom right on my screenshot?
You can resize it dragging its "window" up, into the Now Playing list.

xGabeCx

What font is that?

Helvetica CondensedLight, 10pt
And I'm using Mactype on Windows 10 (without Mactype the font may be a little blurry)

emmaoninternet

What font is that?
Helvetica CondensedLight, 10pt
And I'm using Mactype on Windows 10 (without Mactype the font may be a little blurry)
Ah yes, well I gave up when I realized all my Helvetica fonts were OTF and MusicBee apparently only likey the TTF, but MacType seems like an interesting thing I may have to look into at a later, less lazy date.

At least you inspired me to end my ridiculous dalliance with monospace OCR and go back to using an acceptable adult human font (Liberation Sans Narrow), so thanks!