Author Topic: Config/theme show off thread.  (Read 294485 times)

The Incredible Boom Boom

Chronology release tab

How is this performed?

B-day release tab

By "birthday" do you mean the anniversary of the album's release?

tragic kingdom

Chronology release tab

How is this performed?
For tagging additional information about a release, I use MusicBrainz Picard app. Added custom tags in MusicBee settings:Original Date (TDOR for id3 identifier, ORIGINALDATE for other identifier), Release Type (RELEASETYPE for vorbis identifier, MusicBrainz Album Type for other identifier).

For convenience, it is recommended to assign the following types fields to custom tags: Original Date - Date, Release Type - Enumerated.

For sort releases, I use the following order of tags: original date/album/year
B-day release tab

By "birthday" do you mean the anniversary of the album's release?
yes, based on the original date, even if the reissue date is different

The Incredible Boom Boom

For tagging additional information about a release, I use MusicBrainz Picard app. Added custom tags in MusicBee settings:Original Date (TDOR for id3 identifier, ORIGINALDATE for other identifier), Release Type (RELEASETYPE for vorbis identifier, MusicBrainz Album Type for other identifier).

For convenience, it is recommended to assign the following types fields to custom tags: Original Date - Date, Release Type - Enumerated.

For sort releases, I use the following order of tags: original date/album/year

Sorry - what I meant was how did you get the icon to display the list of years?

Tybot

Wow! Just found this topic today and couldn't pass by without showing my config.

Now Playing tab

Mind sharing those tab icons? Assuming they're not integrated in the skin file.

This layout has been updated to look much better since the previous version. Click to enlarge.

This might not be the thread for this but I'm curious about the track based genre tagging. Is there a somewhat automatic way to do that? If not, how did you get days that have more than 24 hours in them?
Last Edit: June 05, 2023, 09:09:47 PM by Tybot

The Incredible Boom Boom

This might not be the thread for this but I'm curious about the track based genre tagging. Is there a somewhat automatic way to do that? If not, how did you get days that have more than 24 hours in them?

Lord, I wish there were an automatic way.
I try to tag them when I'm listening, especially when at work.
My references are (mostly) RYM and Wikipedia.

ThY

You can automate it in various ways, but i won't be accurate, and sometimes it will be plain wrong.
If you are a little demanding when it's about genre tagging and want reliable and consistent genre tags, listening + manual tagging is the only way.

I'm pretty sure AI technology already exists to help reliably for this but, as far as i know, it's not available as a non-business tool.
I made a topic some times ago about that.

hiccup

Mind sharing those tab icons? Assuming they're not integrated in the skin file.
Could it be they are from the set that forum member T010 created?

That was an impressive effort and accomplishment that never received the attention and praise it probably deserved.

boroda

That was an impressive effort and accomplishment that never received the attention and praise it probably deserved.

i can't speak for others, but i'm using this icon set very extensively, and never had replied on that topic (my fault!).

Tybot

Lord, I wish there were an automatic way.
I try to tag them when I'm listening, especially when at work.
My references are (mostly) RYM and Wikipedia.

I honestly suspected as much. I'm using RYM for manual genre tagging already, though only album based, and it's a great resource. Really hoping to get some of the descriptors and credits from there with the use of a future plugin. Luckily, we're getting the Sonemic API very soon. It's definitely going to happen this year. I think someone made a promise regarding that...

You can automate it in various ways, but i won't be accurate, and sometimes it will be plain wrong.
If you are a little demanding when it's about genre tagging and want reliable and consistent genre tags, listening + manual tagging is the only way.

I'm pretty sure AI technology already exists to help reliably for this but, as far as i know, it's not available as a non-business tool.
I made a topic some times ago about that.

Yeah, I know you're right about manual being the only way currently. And no tags at all are generally better than wrong tags as it's easier to fix once a proper tool does becomes available.

Your thread was an interesting read so thank you for that. I've actually been thinking about that topic more and more lately myself, what's going to be possible when technology like that is applied to musical tagging. Hopefully that future solves some issues and isn't too far away.

Could it be they are from the set that forum member T010 created?

It looks like it, thanks! They didn't work very well with my theme in their original state though as the background is almost completely black, but I should be able to edit the ones I need to make them more visible.

Diatomos

It took a lot of tinkering, but I really like the state of my MusicBee.

Last Edit: June 28, 2023, 03:57:27 PM by Diatomos

ChilaChill

Hii, this is how a year of using MusicBee looks like to Me (btw first post)
>My proposal to organize my Tracks, Albums and Artists by their respective Play Counts using
COLOR
and other ascii symbols

Main Panel

Now Playing

Overall (Most Played Albums as an AutoPlaylist)

Favorites

My Radio Mix

The Virtual Tags Behind All
Last Edit: March 08, 2024, 11:44:07 PM by ChilaChill

kirky86

Album artist tab

LOVE your layout! I'm particularly in love with grouping the album types together and having the subtitles of what types of album they are. How did you achieve this? P.S. I'm a beginner so don't assume I know a lot about this stuff lol

kirky86

Album artist tab

LOVE your layout! I'm particularly in love with grouping the album types together and having the subtitles of what types of album they are. How did you achieve this? P.S. I'm a beginner so don't assume I know a lot about this stuff lol
Nevermind, I've just found the "group by" function lol, sorry, still such a n00b at this stuff!

jollebollenorn

Using genre tags and the genre hierarchy from RYM
Also have a failing hard drive at the moment so two terrabytes of my music isn't available which is a bummer

B-day release tab

Really curious about this one. Is there some way to get the current date into a virtual tag?