Author Topic: Config/theme show off thread.  (Read 294387 times)

SonicRings

Lofi Records full label discography with custom header:

Let me know if long screenshots like this are welcome and I'll post the rest of my complete labels!

phred

• Global Moderator
Let me know if long screenshots like this are welcome and I'll post the rest of my complete labels!
Personally I found it quite tedious to scroll through it when essentially all the rows are the same configuration and the only difference is the album covers. Again, personally, a few rows would be sufficient to see the layout.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

SonicRings

Personally I found it quite tedious to scroll through it when essentially all the rows are the same configuration and the only difference is the album covers. Again, personally, a few rows would be sufficient to see the layout.
Ah, I see. In that case, here is the full view of another playlist that I've applied a custom header to.

I'll do more of these once the kinks are ironed out, since in this case, I had to apply a gradient to be able to read the title which is set to white for some reason, and at that point the description becomes hard to read.

The Incredible Boom Boom

WTF This is dope af!
I wanna try!! Lol

How did you do a long screenshot like that??
And what skin are you using?

I don't mind it (it's if cool enough), but @SonicRings, you can add width=xxx to your screenshots to make them shorter, then wrap them image tag in a link tag so people can click to view the full size.

SonicRings

WTF This is dope af!
I wanna try!! Lol

How did you do a long screenshot like that??
And what skin are you using?

I don't mind it (it's if cool enough), but @SonicRings, you can add width=xxx to your screenshots to make them shorter, then wrap them image tag in a link tag so people can click to view the full size.

I'm glad you like it! I made it by manually stitching multiple screenshots in photoshop. However, I did make a wishlist/plugin request to give us the ability to easily to this within MusicBee itself, which you can +1 if you'd also like to see this functionality: https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=33811.msg190212#msg190212

Also, Steven made another update to improve the header implementation as well as allow us to choose the text colour. Check these out now:

Used white for Lofi Records and black for Chill Beats Records.

I use the first skin, Absolute Zero.

SonicRings

Just finished making headers for all my labels' autoplaylists.

SonicRings

And now I just finished making headers for all my artist auto-playlists. I only have a few since it's for artists I follow more closely.

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
Looking really good.
Favourite song at the moment:   Decode by Paramore

please55

Running MusicBee v3.4.

Built the skin from the ground up using the color scheme from Avril Lavigne's "The Best Damn Thing" and so I've titled it "The Best Damn Skin." One day I'll get better tab icons, but for now I'm satisified. For a more details on particular aspects of the panels, check out the full imgur gallery here. Main views below.

Primary View - Click for video

Hi could you please elaborate a little more on how you achieved this layout? It looks like a custom Album and Tracks view with your own flavor of virutal / custom tags. But how did you get the large artist pictures to the left of the main panel? That seems to be what controls what albums are displayed in the main panel.

Thanks

edit:
I'm trying to replicate some of your arrangements and a question that has come up for me: you use the right panel to host the player controls. Although you can save layouts, it seems to me that if you remove the main player controls from the bottom panel in one arrangement, it removes it everywhere. Is that right? Is there a way around that?
Last Edit: April 18, 2022, 02:58:35 PM by please55

hiccup

But how did you get the large artist pictures to the left of the main panel? That seems to be what controls what albums are displayed in the main panel.
I am guessing it is the 'Artists' view, with the width set to display one column, and 'show the tracks for the selected album or artist' set to: 'to the right of the main panel'.
Last Edit: April 19, 2022, 06:26:54 PM by hiccup

bloodfu

Last Edit: April 23, 2022, 07:08:21 AM by bloodfu

The Incredible Boom Boom

Hi could you please elaborate a little more on how you achieved this layout? It looks like a custom Album and Tracks view with your own flavor of virutal / custom tags. But how did you get the large artist pictures to the left of the main panel? That seems to be what controls what albums are displayed in the main panel.

@hiccup is correct below.
I am guessing it is the 'Artists' view, with the width set to display one column, and 'show the tracks for the selected album or artist' set to: 'to the right of the main panel'.
Were you able to get it? I honestly don't remember at all how I moved the artist photos to the left.

edit:
I'm trying to replicate some of your arrangements and a question that has come up for me: you use the right panel to host the player controls. Although you can save layouts, it seems to me that if you remove the main player controls from the bottom panel in one arrangement, it removes it everywhere. Is that right? Is there a way around that?

Yes, that is correct and there isn't a way around it. The Main Player Controls either persist or they don't. For me, I don't really care to use them, because I want the extra display space for album and track details.

--------------------------------------------------------

This layout has been updated to look much better since the previous version. Click to enlarge.

bloodfu

Been having a lot of fun with this skin I downloaded, I think I finally came up with a layout that works for me.

Weirdomusic

Been having a lot of fun with this skin I downloaded, I think I finally came up with a layout that works for me.

That looks very nice. Which skin is this?