Author Topic: Track Spacing & Playlist Covers.  (Read 6437 times)

XDGFX

These are the two things I would most love to see in MB, and they both seem so simple!

- Customisable spacing between tracks (it's so cramped currently!)
- Playlist artwork

To show you why I feel this would be a valuable addition, below are two screenshots of the same playlist, one in Spotify and one in MusicBee.

Spotify

MusicBee

Look how much blank space there is! Narrow spacing is great for people with thousands of tracks in a playlist showing title, artist, album, year, genre, time, play count, bitrate, date added...

However for any playlist shorter than 50 songs the spacing is too small!
Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 11:14:00 PM by psychoadept

jippijip

Great idea. Adding playlist covers could also serve as a place to show the playlist description, which is currently relegated to a tooltip iirc.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I removed the font tags because black doesn't show up in the dark forum skin.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

EuroMIX

Yeah iTunes does this; you can set your own image for a playlist folder, for example. It's really handy, especially as a visual cue.

Steven

• Administrator
For v3.2 i have added a little to the row padding so its a little more spaced. Its hard-coded and depending on feedback i might make it a setting. I have also added a colourised playlist header. The playlist header shows a .jpg file if there is one the same name as the folder or playlist (in the same folder as the playlist) otherwise will show the album cover from the first track in the playlist

XDGFX

That sounds great! I'll update as soon as I'm home next week and give it a go, thanks!

phred

• Global Moderator
That sounds great! I'll update as soon as I'm home next week and give it a go, thanks!
Steven stated that this will be added to 3.2. Since 3.1 has yet to be released as a final version you may have to wait a bit before you can try it. I'd be real surprised if 3.1 (let alone 3.2 beta) is available next week.
Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 02:34:51 AM by phred
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

wobbly

For v3.2 i have added a little to the row padding so its a little more spaced. Its hard-coded and depending on feedback i might make it a setting. I have also added a colourised playlist header. The playlist header shows a .jpg file if there is one the same name as the folder or playlist (in the same folder as the playlist) otherwise will show the album cover from the first track in the playlist

playlist header shows a .jpg file if there is one the same name as the folder or playlist (in the same folder as the playlist)

hope this can also be done for playlists on left sidebar  so we can have nice .jpg for nice icons

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P

lestersk

@Steven

My pennyworth: -  I'd really like to see spacing as a configurable option and would also need to be applied to "Upcoming/Playing Tracks" window. It would be great if it could have upper and lower limits, so you don't end up with just three tracks spread over the whole window height. Thanks