Author Topic: ipod and musicbee  (Read 6865 times)

Dpmusicbee

Hi

i was wondering in musicbee on how i can sync my ipod touch in musicbee without having itunes installed. i do not use itunes at all. is there any addons i need to install to get this done.

Thank You

phred

• Global Moderator
You should search the forum for 'ipod' as this has been discussed many (many!) times. Not the touch specifically, but ipods in general.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Dpmusicbee

thanks from what i read from the web you need itunes (:

stewlewis

I use Musicbee to my iPhone4:

In MB, Send To Playlist.
I use MB to copy the playlist files to another folder, and use MB to export a playlist .m3u to that folder.

I use 3utools to import that folder and sync it to the iPhone.

Its a long winded way around but here's hoping someone more knowledgeable than me could write a plug in for MB to directly access an IOS device, there are many iPhone transfer programs that do it.
If there was an iPhone transfer sync app that could import a playlist file and grab the music files from their original location to save the copying........

frankz

Yes, you need another program to do it.

I export my playlists to m3u and then import them into MediaMonkey (free version), which still works fine with the iPod Touch (I have a 2010 version whatever the generation number is on that).

Wish musicbee could handle it so I could ditch using MediaMonkey at all, but it can't so I can't.

mhk1058

Despite hating Apple's lock you into their ecosystem policy I just use iTunes for syncing, by far the easiest way if you have Apple devices, especially phones as iTune's fully backs it up at the same time.

I use MusicBee for listening, better by far in many ways.

Shelly Cater

I use Musicbee to my iPhone4:

In MB, Send To Playlist.
I use MB to copy the playlist files to another folder, and use MB to export a playlist .m3u to that folder.

I use 3utools to import that folder and sync it to the iPhone.

Its a long winded way around but here's hoping someone more knowledgeable than me could write a plug in for MB to directly access an IOS device, there are many iPhone transfer programs that do it.
If there was an iPhone transfer sync app that could import a playlist file and grab the music files from their original location to save the copying........

Same as I do with my iPhone :)