Author Topic: Issues with auto-organizing and auto-syncing.  (Read 3407 times)

dogboy

Hello. I just discovered that MusicBee has options for automatically organising existing music files and syncing your music files to other devices via USB. However, neither seem to be working for me. Everything SEEMS to be working, yet my files on remain untouched and unsynced. Thanks in advance.

CritterMan

• Now with FiiO M11!
You may be missing some settings:

Ctrl+o > Library tab

Can you post a screenshot of the settings there?

Home Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable • Questyle CMA400i (ASIO) • Sennheiser HD 660S (balanced) / Audeze EL-8 Closed Back / Fostex TR-X00 Ebony • Teac AI-101DA • Jamo C93 + Dayton Audio SUB-1000
Work Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable / Tidal • SMSL SU-8 v2 • Nobsound NS-05P • THX AAA 789 • Sennheiser HD 58X (balanced)
OTG ~ FiiO M11 • Audiofly AF180 / B&O H6

dogboy

I would like to add that I can get Musicbee to move files manually, but it won't do it automatically, and auto-sync doesn't work at all.

Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 06:53:30 PM by dogboy

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Auto-sync is a little bit of a misnomer.  It will only sync automatically, ie without your telling it to, if you have the settings set to "automatically synchronize when the device is connected" and it will only sync right when it finds the connection; it doesn't keep the sync updated with later changes.  You still have to use the Synchronize command for that.

For Auto-organize, are you looking at files in your library or inbox?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

dogboy

I actually think I have auto-organize all figured out, I didn't realize there were different settings for organising new files and for organising existing files.

I have "automatically synchronize when the device is connected" selected but it still doesn't work when I first plug my device in. How do I use the Synchronize command?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Just right click on the device and select Synchronize.  You can also select the device and press the synchronize button in the main panel.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

dogboy

Ah, thanks, manually synchronizing does work. I am a bit confused though, if it syncs fine manually why doesn't checking "automatically synchronize when the device is connected" do anything?

getmusicbee_account1111

Auto-sync is a little bit of a misnomer.  It will only sync automatically, ie without your telling it to, if you have the settings set to "automatically synchronize when the device is connected" and it will only sync right when it finds the connection; it doesn't keep the sync updated with later changes.  You still have to use the Synchronize command for that.
Can it be done automatically whenever a change is made to a synced playlist?
I'm trying to keep a virtual drive updated to then propagate the changes to an Android phone.

phred

• Global Moderator
Can it be done automatically whenever a change is made to a synced playlist?
I'm trying to keep a virtual drive updated to then propagate the changes to an Android phone.

Auto-sync is a little bit of a misnomer.  It will only sync automatically, ie without your telling it to, if you have the settings set to "automatically synchronize when the device is connected" and it will only sync right when it finds the connection; it doesn't keep the sync updated with later changes.  You still have to use the Synchronize command for that.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here