Author Topic: Playlist not synching on Pixel XL  (Read 8244 times)

hbgilchrist

I don't get an error message, and my music syncs fine, but my playlists don't sync.  If I delete all the playlist on the phone and then sync, it works fine.  Otherwise, the sync says it was successful, but none of the playlists are updated.  "Detect MTP" is set, and the path for Playlists is correct and it says it was successful.  Any ideas?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
When you check for playlist updates, are you looking at the actual file, or are you using a media player to view the playlist? I find that my media player doesn't always update right away.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

hbgilchrist

When you check for playlist updates, are you looking at the actual file, or are you using a media player to view the playlist? I find that my media player doesn't always update right away.

Either.  I go into file manager and view the playlist as text and it is not updated.  Ditto when I go to Mediamonkey or Google Play Music.  It does not appear it is updating on the device, but Musicbee seems to think it was.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Do the sync results in MusicBee show the playlists being copied?

My suspicion is that there's an issue with file modification dates, and MusicBee thinks it doesn't need to update the playlists.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

hbgilchrist

My suspicion is that there's an issue with file modification dates, and MusicBee thinks it doesn't need to update the playlists.
Yes, MB shows that is has copied the playlist, it just isn't updated.

phred

• Global Moderator
Are your playlists being automatically exported and/or refreshed?
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Steven

• Administrator
i recall there being a general issue on some android devices with playlists so you might try googling about that

hbgilchrist

I am using Mediamoney Android player and I am telling it to synch, it is not automatic

hbgilchrist

I just checked in File Manager and the date on the playlist shows 8/6 even though I played music today (8/9) so if MB is checking the date I don't understand why it wouldn't sync since the date must be different.

phred

• Global Moderator
I am using Mediamoney Android player and I am telling it to synch, it is not automatic
I mean are the playlists being exported or refreshed from within MB? How are you creating your playlists?

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

hbgilchrist

I mean are the playlists being exported or refreshed from within MB? How are you creating your playlists?
Not sure what the question is.  I am creating playlists inside MB and then telling it to sync to my Android phone.

phred

• Global Moderator
Not sure what the question is.  I am creating playlists inside MB and then telling it to sync to my Android phone.
Let me rephrase the question ... how to you create your playlists?
Are they static playlists or auto-playlists? If the former, do you have 'automatically export a static copy' enabled in the playlist's properties?
If the latter, do you have 'automatically refresh the matching tracks' -and- 'automatically export a static copy' enabled?

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

hbgilchrist

Not sure what the question is.  I am creating playlists inside MB and then telling it to sync to my Android phone.
Let me rephrase the question ... how to you create your playlists?
Are they static playlists or auto-playlists? If the former, do you have 'automatically export a static copy' enabled in the playlist's properties?
If the latter, do you have 'automatically refresh the matching tracks' -and- 'automatically export a static copy' enabled?
These are all new playlists that i created in MB.  I don't see an option like 'automatically export a static copy'.  In fact, I don't even see a way to view the playlist properties (sorry, I must be a newbee).  I just update the playlist, plug in my device and tell it to synch.  It is not configured to automatically synch.

Steven

• Administrator
in the device sync settings panel, can you post a screenshot that shows the playlist settings

hbgilchrist

Okay, idiotic question, but how do I post a screenshot?  I captured it and I copy it and then I come over to this reply in the forum and it won't let me paste it.