Author Topic: status bar info for scanning for files  (Read 7208 times)

kapblat

i'm installing MB again and i noticed that when its scanning for files there is no info about that - if its still scanning or its stopped, in the status bar :)

Steven

• Administrator
i consider that a bug if its not showing which file its scanning - i'll look into it. But did it show any of the files as it was scanning?

kapblat

i wasnt clear enough, sorry
it happened with a fresh install, then in the settings i added the folders, set to scan at startup,
closed MB started MB, and i didnt see it in the status bar

Steven

• Administrator
ok, the scanning on startup runs in the background after MB has initialised and displayed - i guess it could only show the new files its adding as a result of the scan otherwise it will be distracting if it showed all the files it scanned everytime it starts up.

phred

• Global Moderator
Might I suggest something (perhaps) even simpler?  Pesonally I don't need to know -which- new files have been added/scanned.  But I'd like to know -when- scanning is taking place.  Maybe an indicator somewhere in the window that is green when scanning and red when not.  A box with the word 'scanning" which then changes color when it's active.  Something along those lines.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here