Author Topic: Patreon-only podcasts not supported?  (Read 2415 times)

c-Row

When trying to add a Patreon podcast to MusicBee it fetches the basic information of the podcast feed, yet it seems to run into problems even though I have provided my account's username and password.

"Unable to verify the validity of the URL - the object reference could not be set to an instance of this object" (last bit might be slightly different as I am not running MB in English)

Am I doing something wrong or is this feature not supported at this point?

Steven

• Administrator
can you post the error message at the end of the error log (help/ support/ view error log)

c-Row

Let's hope this tells you more than me.   ::)

30.07.2017 13:41:14 - 10.0.15063.0 - 3.0.6234.34339 - System.NullReferenceException: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.
   bei MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=qIcxxVaewgcfE2rzfN$yOluHlOgYSushWzAMJtCJ7jSc=._Lambda$__1()

Steven

• Administrator
There isnt any obvious reason for this. I suggest you update to v3.1 from the first forum topic and let me know if it still happens

c-Row

Strange enough when looking up the "About" information it says I am already at 3.1.6420. I can definitely confirm I can add custom roles to the artists list which only got introduced in 3.1 as far as I know.

c-Row

Reinstalled the latest beta and it seems to work again. "About" section still gives the same version number. Maybe it was just a hiccup.

Thanks!
Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 11:58:17 AM by c-Row

c-Row

Sorry, still got problems. It worked for one podcast but it seems to fail for any other I am trying to add. I cleared the error log and it does not seem to write anything in there either.

Steven

• Administrator
could you run this version, and there should be more info in the error log when it happens. I need the "l=n" value

http://www.mediafire.com/file/d45kpyubtohjwbk/MusicBeeDebugPodcast.zip
unzip and replace the existing musicbee.exe file

c-Row

It says "l=4"

I tried deleting and readding the one Patreon podcast I sucessfully added before but that does not work anymore either. Furthermore it only seems to write this error into the log the first time I tried to add a podcast, but not for subsequent tries.

What also changed is that MB does not fetch the podcast's information which it did before despite not being able to add it to my subscriptions.

Steven

• Administrator
could you send the entire error at that time, not just the l number

c-Row

Code
05.08.2017 18:24:44 - l=4
05.08.2017 18:24:44 - 10.0.15063.0 - 3.1.6426.24919 - System.UriFormatException: Ungültiger URI: Der Hostname konnte nicht analysiert werden.
   bei System.Uri.CreateThis(String uri, Boolean dontEscape, UriKind uriKind)
   bei System.Uri..ctor(String uriString)
   bei System.Net.WebRequest.Create(String requestUriString)
   bei #=q9_RYo1gl_DIhj1lTwlPHUpedd3mdDdgN6cTXcWQuxOw=.#=qE1HKVO4ro1T9Vov4ykeyzA==(#=q3yz39lveEWd9nxcg7ln9ZA== #=qTUGcvYLJgNq8XkavTTb0sg==, #=qsZTD2eO978r7G4UmDWD91w== #=q9xNbh1SMbR9a4sY3CNIT0w==, String #=qXCkcibOaSF9EdJjJMD$BXw==)
   bei #=qVNYlLPJBZ_eQL6wErJqrBPnciWkTOVAp85FfS6OdDHopZfRRLuE1pEmg2O3sZcRk.#=qP5B$RykXucC0F8wZWiq4oA==(Object #=qLjOZrzAkTGYmO38XUNplOw==)

Steven

• Administrator
what is the station url you are using? There is something about it that is not valid

Steven

• Administrator
i have no problems with the url you sent. I am guessing its because the link already includes authorisation, so try removing the username and password from the subscription properties

c-Row

No, still gives me the same error and tells me it contains links to HTML pages rather than audio files.