Author Topic: Automatically follow playing track in current tab?  (Read 4279 times)

garbanzo

I can use a hotkey to Locate Playing Track in Current Tab, but I would like this to happen automatically, so the currently playing track stays in focus in the Main panel. Is this possible?

redwing

There's a setting called "highlight playing track in the main panel" in Preferences> Now Playing. I'd suggest you take a look at the wiki for basic settings and features.

garbanzo

Thanks for your reply. I actually have that enabled already, but I don't think it's quite what I'm looking for. It visually highlights the currently playing track, but it doesn't shift the focus of the display when the track changes.

For example, if I'm shuffling through a list of 20 albums, when the track changes, I want the Main window to scroll to that track. Basically, I want MB to run the "Locate Playing Track in Current Tab" every time the track changes. I'm changing from foobar to MB, and in foobar that feature is called "cursor follows playback".

For what it's worth, I have already spent time with the Wiki, and I have looked at and tested every nearly every setting the program offers. I wouldn't have asked for help here in the forums if I hadn't already tried to solve this myself.  :-\

redwing

That setting has two options: select track and color text. Did you try the both? If you tick the former, the cursor jumps to the playing track whereas color text just colors playing track which is useful when you don't want jumping like while you're editing tags.

garbanzo

That solves it, thanks. I assumed the difference was just visual, but apparently it's functional as well.