Author Topic: Prevent Album Cover Download  (Read 3879 times)

xavier

Is there any way to prevent  MusicBee from downloading any cover artwork? Unticking all options in Tags (1) of Preferences does not do the trick since it seems to automatically restore (tick) the last option ("copy to the same folder...")

redwing

You need to adjust auto-tagging options in Tags (2), not Tags (1). Also run Tools> Advanced> Reset Artwork Cache to clear all cache.
Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 12:45:25 AM by redwing

xavier

All options in auto-tagging of Tags (2) are (and were) unticked but I still get "Downloaded Cover.jpg" files (the name in Tags (1))

redwing

What version of MB are you running? (Help> About)

You mean if an album without cover is displayed in the main panel, then MB auto-creates the file and the cover is showing up?

xavier

version: 3.1.6420
All tracks have an embedded cover
All albums have a folder.jpg in their folder
But I still get a Download Cover.jpg: I have not been able to identify exactly when, but in general it has bee a recently edited (tags) album

redwing

And what's your artwork storage settings in Tags (1)?

xavier

sorry for the delay

- embed picture ... (unticked)
- copy picture (unticked)
- copy to the same folder ... and name as: "Download Cover.jpg" (ticked . if I untick it, MB reticks it)
Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 01:27:39 AM by xavier

redwing

That's why you get those files.
Why not have embed and folder.jpg ticked since this is how you store and the last option unticked?

xavier

Well, my reasoning, up to now, is:

- embed picture ... (unticked, because I do not want MB to download and embed any cover art in my tracks)
- copy picture (unticked, because I do not want MB to download and copy any cover art and overwrite my folder.jpg)
- copy to the same folder ... and name as: "Download Cover.jpg" (ticked because it is the lesser damage but I do wish I could untick it)

What do I get wrong?

redwing

I'm not really sure I follow you.

If you have disabled auto-tagging option in Tags (2) and have never used MB for saving artwork, there's no chance you've got those "Download Cover.jpg" files. That means you have used MB to save artwork manually, and you clicked OK when MB asked you with configured "Save to" options displayed when saving artwork. So what do you mean? I already said MB won't auto-retrieve and save artwork unless you enable Tags (2) options.

xavier

"That means you have used MB to save artwork manually, and you clicked OK when MB asked you with configured "Save to" options displayed when saving artwork

No I assure you I have never saved artwork manually and never OKed any "Save to" option.

"I already said MB won't auto-retrieve and save artwork unless you enable Tags (2) options."

The only Tags (2) option enabled is the last one. If I disable it, MB will automatically re enable it!

redwing

Then I'd suggest you file a bug report in Bug Reports sub-forum with detailed steps to reproduce the incorrect behavior.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Are you sure MusicBee is downloading a *different* cover?  Or is it just moving the existing cover to the Download Cover.jpg?  That's what I suspect is happening.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)