Author Topic: Copying External Lyrics File to Embedded Lyrics  (Read 5759 times)

phred

• Global Moderator
- Download and install Foobar. During the install process choose the portable version.
- Get the Lyric Show Panel 3 plugin and install it by opening File > Components > Lyric Show Panel 3 > Install
- In the plugin settings, under Lyric Searching, choose "Only non-synced." In "Lyric Saving" check "Enable automatic save" and uncheck "Only save synced lyrics."
- Now get the music files in which you wish to embed lyrics. File > Open > browse to files.
- Select the files > right-click > download lyrics > start search.
- If you already have external lyrics saved, it's a good idea to stop your internet connection. If you don't, the plugin may pick up lyrics that are not correct, or not formatted the way you have them in the text file.

NOTE: It's always a good idea to experiment with copies of a few files first before doing your entire library. This way you can make sure you're getting the results you expect.

Thanks to forum member mcool for the pointers.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

phred

• Global Moderator
I don't know why I'm just getting around to doing this. Actually, I do know why. I was gun shy. But it worked like a charm.

Over the course of two days I copied the existing tags of 36,000+ tracks from external text files, to embedded. Now to delete all the external text files. Should also be a piece of cake using the command prompt DEL /S *.txt.

Thanks again to mcool for the step-by-step.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here