Author Topic: Device Sync  (Read 1199 times)

late

Sometime after I started using the device sync option from MB again I started to get some trouble with album artwork.  For some reason MB resizes SOME of the .jpg files.  The strange thing is, the change is not consistent in anyway; the resolution change may be scratching off a 1000 pixels from a 1400x1400 to 400x400, or going from 1500x1500 to 650x650.

Before you ask, I don't have artwork resize option ticked.  I have MB set to copy the artwork as cover.jpg on the 'artwork storage' settings.  I didn't make a bug report because it's likely this is only affecting me.

MB 3.1.6410 and LG G4

Steven

• Administrator
i find it very hard to believe MB is randomly resizing the pictures.
How are you storing your artwork on your computer eg. embeded, folder.jpg etc
and how have you configured the artwork to be stored on the device

late

Artwork is stored as 'cover.jpg' just like folder.jpg on my pc. 'Cover' is just personal preference.
And if you mean the artwork storage setting in MB sync settings, it's set to 'copy to the same folder as the music file' with the name 'cover'.

I'm gonna try setting it to folder.jpg, if that for some reason fixes this.

late

I ticked the 'copy to folder.jpg' setting on and artwork is now copied correctly, I then went back and set the 'copy to the same folder as the music file' and set the name 'cover' and it's back to resizing.  If I use the 'copy to the same...' setting with any name (folder, <Album>) it still resizes the .jpg file.

When I mentioned earlier that the artwork resizing was randomly selecting jpg's, it was due to MB not checking whether artwork had been copied.  If I delete the .jpg from the folder it won't get automatically copied back.  If I delete a song (one file is enough) the artwork will get copied over with the music files.  Earlier I had manually copied some artwork to try and fix the resolution.

Edit: Just modifying a song is enough for MB to sync the artwork file.  In essence if the album folder does get updated (e.g. music tags are changed) the artwork will always get synced.  This was likely causing the randomness where I said some are affected; I had a correct artwork copied, changed the album tags, and MB would update the artwork file to the resized version along with the songs.
Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 08:44:43 AM by Mr. late