Author Topic: Unable to Load Preferences and Other Errors  (Read 3305 times)

glenndgood

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 10
On startup I get a message that Musicbee can't load my preferences and has recovered my last backup.

When I try to play a song I get an error "Unable to open file (error=BASS_UNIT_INIT)".

When I try to rip tracks from a CD error "Not all tracks successfully verified - you can encode the failed tracks by clicking the 'Encode Selected' button". When I click "OK" and "Encode Selected" it ejects my CD.

Thanks for any assistance.


glenndgood

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 10
Tried installing the latest update. Now on initialization I get the error "Unable to initialise the music player. No soundcard detected (error=BASS_ERROR_DRIVER).

psychoadept

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 10694
I've gotten the message about recovering the last backup, before.  It's on a computer that doesn't have any speakers.  I wonder if it's connected somehow to the errors related to not being able to play.  Huh.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

glenndgood

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 10
Tried installing the latest update. Now on initialization I get the error "Unable to initialise the music player. No soundcard detected (error=BASS_ERROR_DRIVER).

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling and now get the same error. Any help with this forthcoming? Am I posting in the correct location?

Steven

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 33869

CritterMan

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 556
  • Now with FiiO M11!
Need to know operating system and hardware details to assist, but likely your rig is either out of date or has issues.
Home Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable • Questyle CMA400i (ASIO) • Sennheiser HD 660S (balanced) / Audeze EL-8 Closed Back / Fostex TR-X00 Ebony • Teac AI-101DA • Jamo C93 + Dayton Audio SUB-1000
Work Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable / Tidal • SMSL SU-8 v2 • Nobsound NS-05P • THX AAA 789 • Sennheiser HD 58X (balanced)
OTG ~ FiiO M11 • Audiofly AF180 / B&O H6

glenndgood

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 10
I am running Windows 10 on an HP Pavilion desktop. I'm happy to provide any additional details that might help.

Strangely enough, for unknown reasons, Musicbee's behavior has now changed dramatically. Musicbee now opens without error and I seem to be able to rip from CD properly. The "only" remaining problem I see: songs won't play. I click on a song and the tiny speaker icon appears next to it and the play arrow toggles to the pause button, but that's it - no sound and no incrementing/decrementing of play time / time remaining.

I hope I can get this straightened out. I've run Musicbee with no problems for a long time and dread having to learn a new organizer.

CritterMan

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 556
  • Now with FiiO M11!
I suspect audio device driver issues. Are you using an external DAC, an aftermarket soundcard, or your stock audio hardware? Also what are your MB playback settings?
Home Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable • Questyle CMA400i (ASIO) • Sennheiser HD 660S (balanced) / Audeze EL-8 Closed Back / Fostex TR-X00 Ebony • Teac AI-101DA • Jamo C93 + Dayton Audio SUB-1000
Work Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable / Tidal • SMSL SU-8 v2 • Nobsound NS-05P • THX AAA 789 • Sennheiser HD 58X (balanced)
OTG ~ FiiO M11 • Audiofly AF180 / B&O H6

glenndgood

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 10
After briefly reverting to the "unable to initialize" state last evening, MB is working perfectly today. No idea why it broke or why it's working now. I'm using stock hardware with a Bluetooth speaker which I could not get to connect last evening but is working now. Seems I've got some kind of system gremlin. Thanks for the help everyone.