Author Topic: MP3 Players  (Read 5502 times)

tonyl66

I've used Sony Walkman and SanDisk Clips in the past, but these newer models don't seem to work with MusicBee very well.  What kind of MP3 players do you use?

CritterMan

• Now with FiiO M11!
I've been using FiiO DAPs. I've just spent a big chunk of my day tweaking settings to MB's so exported playlists work with the native player on my brand new X5 Gen3. That seems to be the trick, finding out why things aren't working and then tweaking your sync settings to suit your specific player. That flexibility is one of MB's superpowers. Just steer clear of Apple products if syncing with MB is important to you.

Example: On my X5 Gen3, I ran into an issue with the first track on every playlist not being found by the player when launched from the playlist, but playing fine when selected from the library. I discovered through trial and error that a blank line at the top of the playlist fixed the issue, but resulted in a blank track listing in the first position on the playlist that of course didn't point to a file and was also not found. So, after more trial and error, I determined that all issues were resolved by changing the playlist format in the MB sync settings for the device to M3U(#EXT). This fixed the issue by placing "#EXTM3U" in the first line of each playlist. It seems the device was never meant to use the straight M3U format as all of the documentation for the X5 Gen3 would leave one to believe. Problem solved.
Home Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable • Questyle CMA400i (ASIO) • Sennheiser HD 660S (balanced) / Audeze EL-8 Closed Back / Fostex TR-X00 Ebony • Teac AI-101DA • Jamo C93 + Dayton Audio SUB-1000
Work Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable / Tidal • SMSL SU-8 v2 • Nobsound NS-05P • THX AAA 789 • Sennheiser HD 58X (balanced)
OTG ~ FiiO M11 • Audiofly AF180 / B&O H6

ArgusTuft

I have used a number of players in a bid to play MP3's from my car's stereo, but the volume was too low, even with the volume wound up to the max on the player and the stereo.  I found the best solution was to transfer the music I wanted to my tablet, then using an FM emulator, tune in to a vacant channel and listen to my music that way.  When driving I have the tablet on the passenger seat or between the seat and centre console, but when parked I have the tablet mounted on a bracket which is then mounted to the windscreen.  I control the volume by the stereo in the car.

Needless to say I have about 4 MP3 players that are no longer used.