Author Topic: How can I manually update Musicbee? I have the box ticked to check for updates.  (Read 11807 times)

bradmmm

As the title says, I have the box checked in the settings to automatically check for updates, but when I open Musicbee nothing happens. I'm currently running 3.0.6276.

I just downloaded the latest version and installed it, hoping that it would recognise that it's already installed and update my current install, but no it just installed a fresh version of MusicBee!

So yeah, if someone could help me out that would be great! Also, should I remove any files from the new install or just leave it? When I open the desktop shortcut that it created it opens are brand new fresh install so I just deleted the shortcut. I had a look in CCleaner to see if there were two Musicbee applications so I could get rid of the new, second, install but there is only one so I'm definitely not gonna uninstall that because I want to keep my current setup/settings! It does say that it was installed today though. I'm assuming if I just leave it everything will be fine. Opening my taskbar shortcut opens my current setup just like always so I'm assuming if I just leave all of this it will be fine.

Anyway, I got distracted, but if someone could let me know how to manually update, that would be great!

Thank you!  :)  :)  :D  :D

phred

• Global Moderator
See my sig
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
The automatic update checker only works for final released versions. That's currently 3.0.6335 so it should have picked that up.
To update manually, go to the first board of the forum (the "Latest Version" one)
If you want to update to the 3.1 beta version, get the download from the last post of the "MusicBee 3.1" topic or use the one from the last post of the "MusicBee 3.0" topic to keep on with the current released version.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together