Author Topic: Highlight Rules-rule stacking ?-have icons & text only / column relative rules?  (Read 2032 times)

alec.tron

Heya,
I played around some more with conditional highlighting (I use darker greys for 0 & 0.5 rated files). I also would like to have MB mark low resolution files to point out low quality / mp3s (so I get annoyed by them and re-encode them... :D) - having 2 highlighting rules for text does not work though, so I thought icons might be a way out.
So I assigned an icon for that purpose, so I also needed the highlight column.
Turns out, a 'text only' highlight rule also generates a small square of the assigned text colour in the highlight column, making it impossible to stack a text only with an icon only rule from the looks...
Or is there a way to define text only highlight rules to not use the 'coloured square' in the highlight column ?

Or even better, although this would probably be a feature wish - have a conditional text formatting/highlighting rule to only affect the text formatting in user defined columns ?

Churs.
c.
Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 06:42:59 AM by alec.tron

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
sorry alec.tron, you're gonna have to make a wishlist request for this.
there is no 'text only'
the highlighting rules are
(icon or color) + text
and as the rules editor says "For each track in your library the color of the first matching rule is uesd..."
to make it show a text and a different color the search would need to be recursive and the rule would need to be
icon or color or text
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

alec.tron

Heh, context & syntax.
I approached it from the other side... I used 'colour + text' first (without Icon, or the 'highlight' column), and discovered that 'colour' in this context also means a 'colour icon' automatically in hindsight, which felt odd (as it only surfaced, and got in the way of what I wanted to achieve... once I showed the highlight column) and the coloured text was a secondary feature, which I used as the primary...

But yes, if someone could move it over to the wishlist section, that would be great!

I'd indeed love to have options ( [   ]  = tickbox, [...]  = combobox/value) for :
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[  ] user icon OR [  ] color icon (for the highlight column - with an option for NONE if neither is ticked) )

AND / OR  text formatting via :
[...]  (for setting global or user defined column(s) the formatting is active for)
[  ] colour
[...]  (for setting colour value)

AND / OR
[  ] font  
[...]  (to assign font type / font formatting, i.e. italic, bold, etc))

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope that makes sense... :D
Would make for some pretty powerful stacked formatting & multiple highlighting per row rules... but could get messy as well... especially for the preference panel.

Churs.
c.
Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 08:19:11 AM by alec.tron

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P