Author Topic: Shoutcast &Radionomy Q and ideas for a solution Please Comment. Thanks!  (Read 3642 times)

tpkyteroo

Does anyone know whether shoutcast is going to be deleted and its use banned due to radionomy buying out winamp and shoutcast seemed to be apart of that? If so, then MusicBee needs to find a better radio source. Radionomy has been taking over stations and playing messages that say we must use their app or website in order to listen to radio station, in effect banning use of that station. :P

I love my radio station playlist and I can't do that with 99% of the apps out there. 99% of the apps insist that we only like 1 musical genre, or maybe two and then, only want stations in our own native language. I'm just too much of a Musical Polyglot for that. rofl   I don't know what a solution would be.

Ideas:
1. Radio Caprice - Adding in 100% of there stations, would help only because they try to be very throughal where musical genres come into play. Yes, they are out of Russia.

2. Having people voluntee pls and m3u links that work in music bee from all over the world, and giving the genre they are in and having other volunteers sort them all so that we can make our own "library of radio stations". 

Con - I am finding more and more stations that are being taken over by "only can be listened in my app and not yours", so we might not get the variety we want that goes beyond the "news and educational use only" radio stations. 

Con - The greatest website for Polish stations is viral. We might find more such viral stations. Which is why using Linux OS to do the research would technically be best, or using a computer that can be wiped and have its OS reinstalled.

Working with Radionomy to get permission? The problem with that is they like to commercial with Flo (I "hate" her now due to overkill) every 2nd or 3rd song. I don't mind commercials if they are spread out to maybe a minute every 30 minutes. That I am fine with. But, I do not like a Flo Insurance commercial 6 times an hour. That is way too much!

Steven

• Administrator
MusicBee has been using the shoutcast API with Radionomy's approval after Radionomy took over. I have had no notification that anything is changing

tpkyteroo

Well, currently, radionomy is NOT allowing certain stations to play on MusicBee. They must have had a code change that disallowed all remote listening and forgot to put in a line of code that gives exceptions to musicbee. I have deleted the stations I was having issues with.

One of those stations was St. Patricks Radio, and the other was a Celtic-punk-rock radio.

I'd contact them and see whats up. Thanks!
OTOH, I hated their ads every two songs. It was way overboard! Then, on occasion, they would wait four songs for an ad.