Author Topic: Number of credited songs for an artist higher than the overall track count  (Read 2314 times)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
In the column browser for Artist, the count shown is the number of *credits* an artist has, not the number of tracks they're credited on.

The most egregious example I have is Sufjan Stevens, who shows a count of 877, but there are only actually 66 tracks.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Steven

• Administrator
so you have Sufjan Stevens credited on the same track multiple times? I can reproduce the issue if thats what you mean and thats fixed for the next update
Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 10:35:55 AM by Steven

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Yes, that's what's happening. He has credits for over 15 instruments on some tracks.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Thanks!
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

c-Row

When adding musician credits to songs it sometimes happens that the overall total number of credited tracks is higher than the number of tracks. This seems to happen if an artist is credited for more than one role.

As you can see above, the album in question has 13 tracks on which Sascha Konietzko is credited multiple times for different roles (drums, synth, vocals etc.) but he gets credited on 14 tracks in total.

Strangely enough it seems to be right for the others, including Chris Harms who gets double credits on two songs yet has the correct sum of 11 tracks attributed to him.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
First, can you confirm that you're on the latest version of MusicBee?  (See my signature.)

I'm pretty sure I've observed this still happening since I first reported it, though, but it seems like only one extra credit gets added, rather than many.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

c-Row

Downloaded the one in your signature just to make sure (3.1.6442) - still happens.