Author Topic: 'Pop Pink' Skin  (Read 69474 times)

Rotem K.

UPDATED LINK

Changes:
- Highlighted Window Buttons

Make sure you're using v1.2.4052 and above.

Sarge

Rotem, nice job on all your skins, I notice now you can change the colors .
My question is if you change the colors is there also a way to change the "Splash picture" to match the color you switch to.

I know you can just disable (show splash) but I sorta like seeing that chubby little bee on start-up.

Rotem K.

Rotem, nice job on all your skins, I notice now you can change the colors .
My question is if you change the colors is there also a way to change the "Splash picture" to match the color you switch to.

I know you can just disable (show splash) but I sorta like seeing that chubby little bee on start-up.

I assume you mean the color mods. in that case, there are no splash-screens available for the other colors right now, I can easily make the change from the original PSD, but bare in mind that once you changed the colors of the xml file in your possession, every time I post an update you'll need to switch colors again. I can give you a code for a new color splash-screen but you'll need to update that yourself every update as well.

I want to start a 5th skin but keep spending my time on maintenance for those 4. so let alone branching this in those different skins.

What color do you want to use?

Sarge

Actually I'm using your Pop Pink (love it) I only asked because I saw that color change was available to do..And then I got thinking about the splash screen.

I  was more asking out of being curious. So don't make or do anything special, and I see your points about changing back and forth if someone did change colors.

Anyway,,,thanks for enlightning me on that..I'm lovin the pink too much to change right now.

Rotem K.

When more skins will become available, and skinning in MB will be more 'stable', meaning no new elements will be added every week, I'll reconsider branching Pop Pink to different skins with different colors. splash-screens and everything.

Blinghound

Sounds good, I was thinking it might be nice if Steven could create skin groups in the menu for this purpose. For example, from the main skins menu, you could select another parent menu, such as 'iBee' then select between the 'Light' and 'Dark' in another menu (or any of the skin mods from Pop Pink). It would just stop the skins menu from getting too large when more and more are made. What do you think? 

Steven

• Administrator
its a good problem to have!
i'll add support for reading sub-folders under the Skins directory, and thay way people can group them how they want

Blinghound

haha yes I suppose it is! That would be much appreciated, and very helpful for the skinners around here :)

VX

i'll add support for reading sub-folders under the Skins directory, and thay way people can group them how they want

Great, thanks  :)

Steven

• Administrator
this version supports folders for your skins (only one level deep though)
http://www.mediafire.com/?x5j751g53qd8bf4

Sarge

Hey Rotem..I used your color schemes to mess around with the pop -pink and I colored the face of the music player. it all worked good. What I'd like to do if possible is color 2 more items. The main program top bar, and also the top bar of the lyrics window, is this possible, and if so what are the names of those elements.

I have a picture here, so you can see what i'm saying

i'm in no rush,

http://img96.imageshack.us/i/popgreen.jpg/

Rotem K.

Hmm Those are the borders elements. more specifically FormBorderTop [ View Skinning guide part 2 for more info ]

I've noticed you're using an outdated version of the skin, so you might want to cut the Higlighted buttons elements from the new one and paste those in to your version.

Sarge

ok thanx, I'll check the guide out also. I forgot it was there.