Author Topic: 'Pop Pink' Skin  (Read 69475 times)

Blinghound

The way I did it was to use notepad (I use Notepad++) and use the find and replace function.

There were three pink colours in Pop Pink that I needed to change (There may be more):

I simply replaced all occurrences with blue counterparts.

If you want a particular colour scheme, or help with skinning, just ask me or Rotem K (very good with skinning) and we'll be glad to help :)

yourpassenger

OK thanks for your help. I will give it a go. I noticed in your SN that you forgot to change the other progress bar colour, it still looks dull pink.

Blinghound

Yeah, I did notice that after I posted :), the element is

'<element id="Player.ProgressBar" bg="106,105,131" bdr="119,133,255"'

(In Bold - the corrected dull pink, now a dull blue-ish)

Rotem K.

yourpassenger

I did a sort of green one.

Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 04:59:14 PM by yourpassenger

VX

Blinghound, thank you very much for the tips how to customize this great Rotem K. skin  :) Rotem, I like the green variation too.  :)
Remember, the more colour variations of the skins, the more happy users, so THANK YOU once again  :)

The screenshots posted in this topic remind me the AIMP 3 Pandemic skin: http://www.aimp.ru/blogs/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/Pandemic-Preview.png

I wish customization of the new skins for MB were so simple as in AIMP.
There is a colour palette in AIMP/Preferences/Interface/Skins where a user can customize colours of some skin elements using only two sliders: the first is to choose the colour form the palette, the second one determines colour intensity. All you need to customize the skin is to move the sliders to desired place... Simple, useful and very effective  :)
What do you think  ???

Should I post the idea to the Wishlist  ???

Rotem K.

Vx,
I can see from the link you posted, that the player doesn't change it's entire color with those sliders but only some parts do.

Anyhow, skinning in MusicBee is not as complex as you might think. give it a try, you'll be surprised. 

yourpassenger

Blinghound

@yourpassenger, nice! The new colours look brilliant. May I ask why your scrollbars/scroll buttons look more narrow than usual? is it the windows theme you are using?

@VX, I made my first skin in a couple of hours - thanks to Rotem and Steven, so it really isn't hard to get into.

Rotem K.

a blue-ish one

if anyone wants them you can here
http://www.mediafire.com/?42qly1dzb0ixldb

hope this is OK

Sure it is. but, I'm about to update the skin tonight or tomorrow, so, I would advise publishing the codes like blinghound did and not the skin file itself. and like I said, I'll add mods after the updated.

Right now I'm waiting on Steven for a few changes to some elements, and after that I'll update all skins.

yourpassenger

hehe yeah sorry I'm just too lazy! Feel free to pinch them and update/publish them yourself or whatever.

Rotem K.

hehe yeah sorry I'm just too lazy! Feel free to pinch them and update/publish them yourself or whatever.

Too lazy to copy-paste a few lines of code? man that's a new low :)
I'll get them out after the update.

Rotem K.

UPDATE LINK

Changes:
- Window Buttons.
- Mini-Player Now Playing list toggle button.
- Modified Text color [in edit screen] .
- Locked Text in locked Text Boxes.
- Love Icon in mini-player mode (mouseover and 'loved') .
- "Now Playing List" Tab [when docked in main panel].

Blinghound

Wow! Great update man, I REALLY love the minimize/maximize etc buttons, really great!

yourpassenger