Author Topic: Import playlist with radio stations?  (Read 2805 times)

Donk

Is there a way to import / copy radio stations from a pls, aimp or another playlist to a playlist (for Radio, in the Radio tab) in MusicBee?
Windows 10 Home, 64bit | Portable MusicBee

Steven

• Administrator

Donk

Yes, I had found that option, but I do not have an xml file. How could I import / copy radio stations in a pls, m3u and such? Or is there a way to first export such playlists to xml / OPML and after to import it to MusicBee? There are 136 radio stations (in a single list) to import.

I have the radio stations playlist (pls) open in MB, may be there is a manner to copy / get the stations to the "Radio" tab.
Windows 10 Home, 64bit | Portable MusicBee

sveakul

Has there been any solution to this I have missed since the end of this thread, or possibly one in the works?

Like Donk I am hoping to find a way to import a pls or m3u of radio stations directly into the "Radio" tab list of stations.  It seems now only an OPML file can be imported, and these are not common for radio station playlists.  I understand this may not be an easy task, as the radio OPML/xml used by MB has fields not normally contained in m3u/pls files, while the station's image display link (if created) resides separately in the Library mbl file.

I posted a similar request to the Wishlist a while back, but on seeing Donk's post thought I'd follow up on it here.  As he mentions, it might also be possible to use a 3rd-party application/script to convert from m3u/pls to a MB compatible OPML/xml and import afterwards.  If anyone knows of any such, that would be good information to share.  Thanks for your attention!

SickBoy

Hi, i've a problem me too with two different radio backup "xml". One is a xml backup from Linux Rhythmbox, and the other is a xml backup from a Windows app, this one is very simple contains radio name and stream url only... but don't import anyway. Please help me, because put over 250 radios one by one is a very annoyng. Thank you so much. :D