Author Topic: Is it possible to make "ignore words" option to work with iPod classic?  (Read 1193 times)

LamaPatate

Hello,

I pair my library with an iPod classic 160GB, it works great almost no problem, the only problem is the "ignore words" option doesn't work for the artist in my iPod classic, I get this option modify the sort artist tag, but it doesn't seem to be recognized by the iPod classic while synchronizing with iTunes actually makes words like "The" or "A" to be ignored properly.
I saw there is option called "replace artist tag with:" that I thought for a moment would do the trick but it doesn't, when I set it to "display artist", nothing changes and when I select "sort artist", it does work but it really "just simply" replace the artist tag (the one displayed on the iPod menu) by the sort artist tag which is pretty ugly in my opinion, mostly since I use a very particular way to prompt a few of my artists (those with non romanic characters), I use parenthesis which look terrible with the sort artist tag.

So is there any way to make this to work as I want? I already tried the iPod/iPhone driver plugin, it doesn't work, at least it doesn't fix the issue I'm having.

And by the way, I saw on another thread Steven doesn't really want to put much effort into synchronisation with apple devices mostly because iTunes driver are copyrighted or something like that and so it's not possible to add and remove manually files to the iPod, but is there any option to completely reset the whole library because it isn't possible through the iPod classic itself (or I don't know how to do it) and the only way I know is by iTunes again.

Thanks in advance for your future answers.

phred

• Global Moderator
This is not a MusicBee issue. It is the iPod that won't ignore the words. The work-around would be to eliminate the words you want ignored. So "The Rolling Stones" would need to be edited to "Rolling Stones."
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

LamaPatate

I guess so, apple devices seem to be very incomplete regarding tags and options, but what I mean is since it does work with iTunes, when synchronizing "The Rolling Stones" with iTunes, it's automatically sorted as "Rolling Stones, The" while it is displayed "The Rolling Stones", I think it's something with the library files in the iPod, but anyway I guess it's not possible to do it with MusicBee, at least for now.

Then I will try probably use the option to replace artist tag by sort artist tag, and make some changes regarding the way I sorted some of my artist name.

Anyway, thanks for the help.

redwing

If iTunes can handle that issue, you could use iTunes for syncing after exporting library or playlists from MB instead of directly syncing with MB. That's how I sync music files to my iPhone:
https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=13748.0