Author Topic: File Conversion Doesn't Write Tags  (Read 1741 times)

theEndBeta

As of the 3.1 series (3.1.6384, currently), the tag information isn't being copied over when converting file formats. I've tested this with wav-->mp3, wav-->flac, and flac-->mp3, and in none of the cases are the tags correctly copied. I downgraded to 3.0.5594, and confirmed that this works correctly in that version.

Steven

• Administrator
working fine here and i havent changed this functionality. When you say the tags didnt copy correctly what do you mean by that and how are you checking?

theEndBeta

Apologies for a long delayed response - I just started looking into this again, and it is still happening with 3.1 RC2. What I noticed now is a line that appears in the error log:

Code
8/30/2017 8:37:38 PM - File exists. [C:\users\teb\Temp\01 - Return to the Moon~000007.mp3]

Sure enough, while the file in the specified save location has no tags, the file in the Temp directory has the expected tags saved correctly.

And to answer your question, I am checking by inspecting the tags directly via both MusicBee and Mp3tag.

Thanks!

Steven

• Administrator
Can you post a screenshot of the file converter dialog so i can see the settings you are using, or better, send me a link to your settings file (help/ support/ view settings)

I expect what is happening is the final target file for the file converter already exists and has read-only flagged so the file cant be deleted. Can you confirm that?
Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 09:12:42 PM by Steven

theEndBeta

I've put the contents of the MusicBee3Settings.ini file here: https://pastebin.com/vYCzLzji.

As for the converted file - it does exist in the expected location (correctly, just without any tags) as well as the Temp directory, but the read-only flag doesn't appear to be set on the file.

Steven

• Administrator
i have tried using your settings and cant reproduce any issues. If the target filename already exists its deleted to the recycle bin and then the temporary file is moved to replace it. So something appears to be interfering with those steps but i dont know what.
I will leave this unsolved