Author Topic: What player options are there for Music Bee??  (Read 2774 times)

EagerBecky1

Hello again from Dumb Blonde EagerBeacky1,I know this may sound dumb or stupid ,But ive found that listening to music on media player

for a crazy as this sounds ,has a lot better sound ,than using the player in Music Bee??,I have my PC outputted to a 100W Pioneer,amp/ that goes through a impedance matching transformer so the PC looks good going  to my amp? (Impedance wise anyway),So that's not the problem, i wasn't impressed at all with using the built in Music Bee Player?,Is it possible to have other players interface or work with Music Bee?? I sure hope so ,or is there something else i need to configure ,that im missing or overlooked?? Same goes with videos ,i played a newly imported video and it started to play by default on VLC Player, ,and to me anyway ,i found it doesn't even look half as good as stock Media Player performed?, or is there options for that as well, I wasn't able to even tweak, or adjust the colors, in VLC? .""""/Help what audio player
 works the best, and sounds the best?? that will interface with Music Bee? I feel like a stupid blonde asking these questions , but im wanting the" best sounding audio" for my spkrs, and amp set up , Any Advice would be so much welcomed,(Please understand i dont Speak and fully understand  the lingo everyone uses on this forum , so any reply s in "EASY to UNDERSTAND TERMS" would be even more helpful ,

I am sorta embarrassed, asking for help here?, as most PC Geeks, already know all of this,"" I await any helpful advice???""""" Thanks in advance  EagerBecky1

CritterMan

• Now with FiiO M11!
Hi EagerBecky1,

That's not a stupid question. You've already ruled out a hardware issue by using another application to play your music and you've noticed a difference. We're probably looking at an issue with your MusicBee settings. To help us narrow down which settings are causing the problem, can you describe how the music sounds worse when played with MusicBee? Here are a few questions to get you started in thinking about how MusicBee sounds different than Media Player:

-Does MusicBee have too little bass? Too much bass?
-Are you hearing extra sounds like clicks, pops, static, or squeals?
-Does MusicBee sound like it's playing the music too fast or too slow?

Home Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable • Questyle CMA400i (ASIO) • Sennheiser HD 660S (balanced) / Audeze EL-8 Closed Back / Fostex TR-X00 Ebony • Teac AI-101DA • Jamo C93 + Dayton Audio SUB-1000
Work Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable / Tidal • SMSL SU-8 v2 • Nobsound NS-05P • THX AAA 789 • Sennheiser HD 58X (balanced)
OTG ~ FiiO M11 • Audiofly AF180 / B&O H6

EagerBecky1

I spent over a hour or so answering you with the best choice way i could what it was that's missing, and im not hearing from the overall sound quality of Music Bee?. And when i hit post ,it returned me to the log in page, and nothing""" i spent a hr or better, trying to describe to you  was saved, now it so ,so early ,and i must get sleep ,as work arrives painfully quite early for me?I will reply on Thursday evening, after Work (if i still have a job Ha/Ha) Thank you" Critter man" ,your the best<<<<<<<,EagerBwecky1

CritterMan

• Now with FiiO M11!
You might be putting more thought into this than necessary. What I'm doing here is troubleshooting. There aren't many categories of audio issues. Either the bass is too strong or weak, the treble is too sharp or too dull, the mids are too veiled, there are sounds that shouldn't be there, the playback speed is off, or the clarity and detail are being lost. Can you list one or more of the above that you're noticing?
Home Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable • Questyle CMA400i (ASIO) • Sennheiser HD 660S (balanced) / Audeze EL-8 Closed Back / Fostex TR-X00 Ebony • Teac AI-101DA • Jamo C93 + Dayton Audio SUB-1000
Work Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable / Tidal • SMSL SU-8 v2 • Nobsound NS-05P • THX AAA 789 • Sennheiser HD 58X (balanced)
OTG ~ FiiO M11 • Audiofly AF180 / B&O H6

Mr. Trev

Wondering if this wouldn't be something as simple as switching to WASAPI or ASIO in the settings? I've never noticed any major SQ difference between MB or other players (Foobar is the only other one I use). The only problem I've had with MB is my setup doesn't deal with event mode WASAPI well (sounds like a helicopter flying in the background). WASAPI should theoretically be bit perfect

As always, make sure you have all DSP turned off before you do comparisions (Windows has a bad habit of turning some on - bass enhancement/Dolby - by default)