Author Topic: Edit Mode-enable/disable editing in the main views (ratings & in-view-tag-edits)  (Read 1601 times)

alec.tron

Heya,
I like being able to edit files directly inside the main-view occasionally... on a day-to-day player basis though, this behaviour does get in the way occasionally & can be the opposite of being helpful.
Same with being able to set ratings/stars directly in the main view, which my partner has changed a few times accidentally while just wanting to click a track to play...
So as a general concept, I would love to see that MB would have a concept of an 'Edit Mode' that is toggle-able that enables/disables editing within the main gui/tracks view.

Churs.
c.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Are you looking for something beyond the existing setting in preferences?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

alec.tron

Heya,
the:
Preferences -> Tag(2) - [ ] Enable direct tag editing in main panel
does it for everything but 'ratings'/POPM, and I have not found a way to disable being able to set ratings - does the later exist (disabling 'star rating' edit-0ability) and I have just not come across it yet ?

If the 'disable rating-editing in main panel' exists, in an ideal world for me personally, I would be able to tie both of those together into a single button for the custom/user toolbar ;)

Churs.
c.