Author Topic: "Play Now" replacing Now Playing list with entire library  (Read 2256 times)

captain_paranoia

I was assuming 'Play Now' would take the selected track(s), and insert them into the current playlist, at the current point of playing, and start playing immediately. i.e. the same as 'Queue Next', only taking immediate effect.

Using the Music browser pane, higlighting a single track (from the entire library), and doing right-click 'Play Now' causes the current 'Playing Tracks' list to be replaced with the entire library. Play starts at the track selected.

Selecting a track from a single artist causes the same effect, only limited to the artist tracks.

I note that the options in 'Play More' seem to support the addition of multiple tracks to the playlist. 'Queue Next' and 'Queue Last' work as expected for the single selected track (only inserting the selected track(s) into the current playlist).

Ah. Selecting more than one track (from the entire library), and hitting 'Play Now' replaces the current playlist with only the selected tracks, and starts playing the first of the selected tracks. If Auto-DJ is enabled, the playlist is filled with the requisite number of ranfomly-selected tracks.

As a fairly recent MusicBee user, I assume I'm doing something wrong, or misunderstanding how it is meant to work, as this seems such an obvious error, but search hasn't revealed any previous reports.

Win7 Pro

Steven

• Administrator
that sounds like the expected behavior if the Now Playing preferences/ "Play Now" action is "clear list and play all tracks".
There are other options that might suit you better

captain_paranoia

d'oh. Yes, that was it. Is that the default option, because I don't think I'd have set it like that?

Thanks for the quick reply to a stupid question. And thanks for MB; it's very impressive. I moved over from MediaMonkey because it couldn't run my library on a little 1GB Win8 tablet I bought to be a streaming UI; just kept running out of physical memory. MB handles it with no problem, and has a nicer, more touch-friendly music browser.

I'm still finding my way around, but I'll try to dig a bit harder before I ask any more stupid questions.