Author Topic: New Playlist issue with the most current upgrade of MB  (Read 4028 times)

antidoteyymbr

I never had issues syncing my playlists to my device on its main drive path (for example F:\). Now what seems to be occurring is that MB will not recognize that as a valid file path and will fail to sync. If I try to leave the playlists path blank, it will copy correctly. But, what ends up happening, is the setting in MB do not save this blank setting upon restarting the program or anything like that, and it will default to a file path called "Playlists\", from which my device is unable to read the playlist format. I have tried using relative file paths, and not using relative file paths, but either way, it doesn't seem to fix the issue of MB reverting back to the Playlists path, rather than the blank aka F:\ path. Any ideas? If I didn't explain this correctly, let me know and I can try and post a video or something. Thanks!

This image shows what my drive looks like with the additional Playlist folder that MB auto creates, but should not. Note the other playlists are on the drive how they should/have always been.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/lnv694rxwyri4s1/Capture2.JPG

This is how MB looks when it does sync the playlists straight to the F drive as usual. These settings will not save if I close MB, and will revert to the Playlists path as seen in the next picture.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/30pk4ppdfph109e/Capture3.JPG

This is the Playlists path that auto completes whenever I restart MB
http://www.mediafire.com/view/99ew3ad1we9ehdt/Capture.JPG

Thanks in advance. I know this is probably a tricky issue. I literally never had any problems with syncing straight to my device (which is the only way it can read playlists) until the most recent update, if that gives you any clues as to what is going on.

Steven

• Administrator
so the issue for you is MB is resetting the playlists folder on restart and older versions of MB left it blank on restart?
What version were you using before and what version now?

edit:
assuming i have understood the issue:
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_1/MusicBee31_Patched.zip
Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 05:10:34 PM by Steven

antidoteyymbr

Yes you understood the issue thanks! Your patch worked though: when MusicBee restarts it saves the filepath as blank (so it goes to the root of my Fiio X1).

Now I have an issue, but I think it is because I did the patching part correctly. I extracted the files you gave me and copied/replaced them into the Musicbee Programs x86 folder. Now when I launch MB, I get a warning saying that the publisher of the exe is unverified, do you want to run? I click yes, then Avast pops up and says this file could be dangerous. I click no. Then, MB will finally open and work correctly, and leave the filepath blank.

So, how do I fix the patching thing on my end so that I don't get that error every time I open MB? Haha

phred

• Global Moderator
You'll have to add musicbee.exe to Avast's whitelist.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

antidoteyymbr

I have added to the whitelist, but, my main question is that did I do the patch properly? Am I supposed to copy every file given and replace it into the main MB folder?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Yes, that's correct. Just overwrite all the files in the MusicBee folder with the patched files.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

antidoteyymbr

Ok I added to Avast whitelist, and copied the patch files directly to MB program x86 folder, but Windows still gives me the error message every time I click on MB.

antidoteyymbr

Now I have another issue: I am unable to scroll through the Playlists tab! I have hundreds of playlists on my left playlist panel, and now there is no scroll bar. Also, I am literally unable to click down (the down arrow on my keyboard) on the playlists, it just keeps bringing me back up to the top of the playlist tabs.

redwing

Looks like it doesn't allow full access to system and folders. I'm not using Avast any more, but this is how I used to have it configured as it gave me a headache for other apps as well: https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=14180.0

antidoteyymbr

Yeah... the patch worked but I really need to be able to scroll through my playlists!

Steven

• Administrator
Yeah... the patch worked but I really need to be able to scroll through my playlists!
can you post a screenshot

antidoteyymbr

It seems to be sporadic. Sometimes when I open MB, I can scroll w no issues. Other times, the scroll bar doesn't display, and the down arrow key doesn't work. I will post a screen when it comes up again. I am wondering if plugging in my device triggers it or not...

antidoteyymbr

Ok it happened again. This was from a fresh power up of my desktop, did not plug in my Fiio device. I just posted a screenshot and put a green rectangle around the area where the scroll bar should be. It is available in my genre browser, the playlist itself, but not the playlist leftside scroller area.
https://www.mediafire.com/?j3wh6uyyiy8ijv7

antidoteyymbr

OH! I just noticed something: when I don't have the scrollbar available, if I click on the arrow to the left of the Playlists tab, it minimizes/hides all the playlists. If I click it again to expand, voila! The scroll bar is back! Very strange....