Author Topic: increase DSP pane  (Read 3275 times)

hiccup

The pane that shows available DSP's is vertically very small.
To get to make a change to a plugin you'll almost always have to scroll to it first.

So my wish is one of these:
- allow increasing the whole panel by dragging.
- make the order of DSP's customisable, so you can put your most used ones at the top.
- increase the height of the pane so that at least five DSP's are displayed

hiccup

And let me add something on this that has been on the back of my mind for a long time:

Making it possible to display a 'DSP' button in the playerbar.
Not leading you to the DSP settings panel, but functioning as a switch to toggle selected DSP's on or off.

A skinning element for it would then also be needed.
It would very nicely fit next to the EQ button there.

Steven

• Administrator
So my wish is one of these:
- allow increasing the whole panel by dragging.
- make the order of DSP's customisable, so you can put your most used ones at the top.
- increase the height of the pane so that at least five DSP's are displayed
number 1 i am not planning to do
number 2 is already the case - just use the arrow buttons to move the selected item around. I have now also added support for dragging the dsp items to re-order
number 3 has been done for the next update

So the same please add hotkeys and buttons for on\off switch of dsp plugins.
hotkeys for the following have been added:
Player: Toggle Equaliser On/Off
Player: Toggle DSP On/Off

hiccup

number 2 is already the case - just use the arrow buttons to move the selected item around. I have now also added support for dragging the dsp items to re-order
number 3 has been done for the next update

Wow. It's amazing how one can overlook stuff (for years?) that have been there right in front of you.

Thanks.

Sofocl

"Player: Toggle Equaliser On/Off" is very convenient, thank you! But "Player: Toggle DSP On/Off" is actually just duplicate the "View: Toggle Show Equaliser", It does not make much sense, we need hotkeys for each DSP (At least, embedded in MB).
Sorry for my bad English.

Steven

• Administrator
"Player: Toggle Equaliser On/Off" is very convenient, thank you! But "Player: Toggle DSP On/Off" is actually just duplicate the "View: Toggle Show Equaliser", It does not make much sense, we need hotkeys for each DSP (At least, embedded in MB).
dsp on/off will turn all active DSP off which differs from Toggle Show Equaliser. When the DSPs are all off then its the same

Sofocl

dsp on/off will turn all active DSP off which differs from Toggle Show Equaliser. When the DSPs are all off then its the same
I think in this embodiment, it is useless and few people would use it. (I will continue to use the button "View: Toggle Show Equaliser")
I hope you will do all the same hotkeys for each DSP.
Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 05:52:20 PM by Sofocl

Steven

• Administrator
for the next update, the DSP toggle command toggles between all off or the last active dsps are re-enabled

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_1/MusicBee31_Patched.zip
Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 10:08:14 AM by Steven

Sofocl

for the next update, the DSP toggle command toggles between all off or the last active dsps are re-enabled
So much better thank you Steven!