Author Topic: Global hotkey to send to specific portable device?  (Read 1288 times)

curtwagner1984

Greetings.

I like having MusicBee's AutoDJ playing in the background while I'm working. When A song that I would like to copy to my device comes up, I would like to be able to press some global hotkey and make MusicBee copy the currently playing track to a previously configured specific device.

Is this possible?

phred

• Global Moderator
No, this isn't currently possible. I have moved your request to the Wishlist sub-forum for consideration.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

psoup216

I must concur!  It would be absolutely fantastic to have a hotkey (or be able to assign a hotkey) to "send to [portable device].  It's a bit of a chore to right click and make the selection.

[overkill info]

I'm changing from my Zune HD (which can't sync with MusicBee) to an Opus#1 DAP and since I've no interest at all in putting entire folders/albums on the DAP (I prefer just not having songs I won't listen to on the DAP at all).  So I'm going through the arduous task of syncing songs and that's a whole lot of clicks and meticulous selection to do.

So if this is in the next version I'd e ELATED! :-)