Author Topic: Theater Mode, cover art not loading  (Read 3378 times)

tfk

Does anyone else have problems with this? Since the latest update, 3.1.6345, when TM kicks in, everything is ok, but when there is a song change it only shows the "No coverart" image. I use TM in full screen, and have tried several different xml files downloaded from the forum, all having the same problem.  Everything is working as expected, except from the coverart.  All images are stored in the mp3 files.

Thanks in advance.

Steven

• Administrator
all fine here. Try updating to the latest patch version:
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_1/MusicBee31_Patched.zip

unzip and replace the existing musicbee application files

tfk

Checked with 5 songs in a row now,and it seems to work fine with the latest patch.

Thanks    :)

tfk

Just updated to RC1. Now sometimes cover is also missing from "now playing" mode as well as theater mode. When hovering over (empty cover) pop up shows path to cover, and when db clicking empty cover, cover is shown in pop up. When the problem occurs, it is always just one or more songs from an album (seams random) that cover is missing from. Have tried manually updating covers, but the problem persists.

Update:
When I switch from the Now Playing tab to "All music" tab, the cover appears i NP tab again when I switch back to it.
Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 10:13:25 PM by tfk

Steven

• Administrator
can you send me a link to your settings file (help/ support/ view settings)

Steven

• Administrator
the settings file you sent doesnt have theater mode running but in any case i was able to reproduce a bug with the album cover not showing. Hopefully its the same as your bug. I will post a link later

Steven

• Administrator

tfk

Sorry, forgot I had disabled TM while testing.  Will test the patch and report back.
Tnx :)

tfk

The problem seems to have been fixed in tabs (track information), but persists in TM.
Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 11:50:57 AM by tfk

Steven

• Administrator
I am not able to reproduce any issues using your settings with theatre mode.
Unless others report the same i will leave it unsolved

tfk

Did a full uninstall, deleted everything in ..user etc, and reinstalled with the new patch.  Everything works fin now.
Thanks.

tfk

Still the same problem with TM. Checked on two different laptops. When TM kicks in cover is loaded, but on song change the "no cover art" is loaded.  If I then abort (move mouse) and starts TM manually from the menu, the cover from playing song is loaded.   All covers are saved in id3. 

tfk

Just an update on the problem, now using 3.1 RC 4.

Have tried different scenarios, and found that the problem only occurs when "now playing" is active when TM kicks in.  When TM activates, the cover i shown, but on song change it is not.  When a different tab is active(filter, music, last added etc), everything works as expected.

Cheers :)

phred

• Global Moderator
Just an update on the problem, now using 3.1 RC 4.
Just curious as to why you tried RC4 when 3.1 Final is available? And has been since the 16th.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here