Author Topic: Remember separate searches for navigation buttons  (Read 1190 times)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
When using the navigation buttons, prior searches are no longer remembered.  So if I did several searches in a row, I end up navigating back through several pages of the same (most recent) search results.  My preference is for the previous searches to be retained, but if that's not possible then the search results pages should probably be treated as one "back" entry rather than multiple.

Edit: just to clarify, it can distinguish between middle click/context menu searches (ie "artist is Fleetwood Mac" in the tab) and search box searches ("search results" in the tab).  It's mainly multiple search box searches that seem to be a problem.
Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 03:25:30 AM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Steven

• Administrator
i dont think the navigate back to a prior search from the search text box has ever been supported. The main reason is because the text search box is a live search so MB doesnt know when the current search has ended to record it as a completed search eg. you might type in "qwer", MB shows the results and then you additionally press "t", MB shows the results and then additionally press "y" etc.
This could be added to the wishlist for such support

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
That makes sense.  I'll move this to the wishlist.  Maybe you delineate typed searches by when the search box is cleared?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)