Author Topic: Simplification of MusicBee settings  (Read 12788 times)

hiccup

Is this something you are considering for 3.1?

To be honest, I hope not. It would be nice if 3.1 could become final in the not too distant future.

Steven

• Administrator
Is this something you are considering for 3.1?

To be honest, I hope not. It would be nice if 3.1 could become final in the not too distant future.
i am not sure - if i think i can do something useful that doesnt take too much effort then i will do something for v3.1. It might just be making a start on some of the worst items

Steven

• Administrator
i think i will bump this to v3.2 as its summer here and I dont really feel like doing any more large changes for v3.1

mick7

Steven, I really Like your program. I will use it the Best I can. However, the settings are Way... too confusing for a dumb little beginner like me. For me to understand, I would need a step by step( example, click this, then this, scroll down to this, click this) instructions with photos. Ya see....I'm That brain dead. Thanks for your time and patience, Harold.

mick7

Does anyone have any comments on this?

I was thinking of posting some screenshots of the settings i would remove for the new default settings panel (which would be virtually all the settings if it was to an iTunes level) and having you comment on which settings are advanced. But i only want to do that if there is some interest from the forum members

Youv'e done a great job of creating the best ever Media Player! It does have quite a lot of functionality and it took me a while to become familiarised with all the settings, but now everything is to my liking, I probably wont change anything any time soon..

A new clean and simple layout would mostly benefit newbies, or a one page view that contains the default settings from a new clean install may help..
I would prefer a line of explanatory text to a pop-up, and maybe a hyperlink to a 'further information' page or the MB Wiki.

A search option would be good, but probably be of little use to new users who may never have heard of 'replay gain', ' normalise volume' or 'crossfade' etc.

Regards :-)

I just Love your idea!!! Simplification... Great!!! Thanks so much. Harold

redwing

When you revisit this, please consider adding a filtering bar to the hokey list. Really hard to find a command without reading out the entire commands listed there. Also it would be useful if the list can be sorted by assigned keys so that the user could quickly find out which keys are assigned to which command.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
When you revisit this, please consider adding a filtering bar to the hokey list. Really hard to find a command without reading out the entire commands listed there. Also it would be useful if the list can be sorted by assigned keys so that the user could quickly find out which keys are assigned to which command.

+1
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Shaman Studios

Does anyone have any comments on this?

I was thinking of posting some screenshots of the settings i would remove for the new default settings panel (which would be virtually all the settings if it was to an iTunes level) and having you comment on which settings are advanced. But i only want to do that if there is some interest from the forum members

A search option would be good, but probably be of little use to new users who may never have heard of 'replay gain', ' normalise volume' or 'crossfade' etc.

Regards :-)

Agreed.

boroda

+1