Author Topic: How to find corrupted tags? Gibberish in fields (see screenshot)  (Read 2093 times)

theta_wave

Story time: I have a few media files that had their tags corrupted several years ago.  I thought I did a pretty thorough job cleaning them up.  However, I notice some are still around.  For example, as shown in the screenshot below, some of the corruption manifested in jibberish Chinese characters populating a few tags.  I found one that populated <Mood>.  However, when I try to create an autoplaylist for "刀漀挀欀椀渀" <Mood>, the autoplaylist returns empty.  I also tried a regex match "^[^0-9A-Za-z]" (basically, the first character of <mood> is not alphanumerical), but that also turned up empty.

Any tips/ideas how to suss this music file out?

Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 05:14:48 AM by theta_wave

alec.tron

Hai.
Wait for Steven to add Mood (and others he confirmed) to Thumbnail browser as a filterable attribute, then you could click each value & see all files that have a given value easily:
https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=21746.msg127517#msg127517

Or, if wanted now, I would show the 'Mood' field in tracks view as a column, then sort by 'Mood' value, then scroll through & remove the offending bits. Should be fairly quick as well.

Tracks spreadsheet like view for the organizational win! :D

c.

ps. how did you get Works/Mood to be tabs in the left ? Is that the Column Browser (somehow) set to stacked-tabs instead of visible columns ?
Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 07:18:27 AM by alec.tron

redwing

Don't know about finding corrupted tags but you can use the following regex to find any Chinese characters using MB's search & replace command:

Code
[\u2e80-\u2eff\u31c0-\u31ef\u3200-\u32ff\u3400-\u4dbf\u4e00-\u9fbf\uf900-\ufaff]

theta_wave

Don't know about finding corrupted tags but you can use the following regex to find any Chinese characters using MB's search & replace command:

Code
[\u2e80-\u2eff\u31c0-\u31ef\u3200-\u32ff\u3400-\u4dbf\u4e00-\u9fbf\uf900-\ufaff]
Thank you.  Your suggestion didn't help at first though.  I realized that I had only my music library selected when making these queries.  I didn't appreciate that <Moods> also included files still sitting in my inbox.  So, when I added "inbox" to the source list, it showed up using your regex, mine (^[^0-9A-Za-z]) and a direct selection of mood itself.

So, basically, the key was to make sure that all libraries Musicbee sees (in my case, only two: the main one and inbox) are selected as sources for the autoplaylist,   ;D
Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 01:57:00 AM by theta_wave

theta_wave

ps. how did you get Works/Mood to be tabs in the left ? Is that the Column Browser (somehow) set to stacked-tabs instead of visible columns ?
Hola,

You are correct.  I configured them as stacked tabs.  Below is the works tab in action.  Below that my panel configuration.  Let me know if I can help!