Author Topic: Freeze when trying to choose monitored folders  (Read 3013 times)

Fuzen

Whenever I try to add folders to the monitored folders, the program freezes and I have to kill the process. It also happens when I try to access "Computer" on a new tab.

I haven't found anything on this forum about it so I tend to believe that it's not a common issue. I tried to reinstall and start from a fresh install, but still no luck with this.

redwing

Your security app might be doing something, or you don't have permission to access certain folders. Also it's possible your storage device has some hardware issue. You might want to check those one by one.

Fuzen

Not the security app nor a hardware issue for sure.

I'll try to run the program as admin though if it may help permissions-wise.

Also the thing is that the program crashes just when I click the button to choose folders. I don't even get to access the next step.

Update: running as admin didn't help either.  :-\

redwing

If you're using any network storage or sync apps, try with all of them unconnected.
Also does it happen when you're using other apps like when you open certain folders/drives with Windows explorer?

Fuzen

Tried to quit Google Drive & One Drive, didn't change anything either sadly.
And nope, it doesn't happen with Windows Explorer or any program in fact, only with MusicBee.

Also, strangely, when I use "Move Library" under the Library tab, it loads the folders list without any delay and I can choose a folder without encountering any issue.

redwing

If any error message was logged when crashed, report it here so that Steven would take a look.

Also try launching MB without the settings file (MusicBee3Settings.ini) after moving it to another folder temporarily. That will tell you if it has anything to with your particular settings including plugins.

Fuzen

Tried to launch without the settings file, still no progress. I'm in despair. xD

Where am I supposed to find the crash log?

Fuzen

Nope. Didn't input anything in there.

Also I tried to let the program run for ~1 hour after a freeze and, well. I don't need to say much more I guess.
And I tried the portable version, because why not. Still the same kind of freeze where I have no other choice than killing the process.

redwing

Does your left navigator show all drives/folders under Computer node?

Fuzen

Oh. Wow. Now that's what I call serendipity.

As you suggested I looked at the Computer Nodes (which for some reason worked this time) and accidentally clicked on my external hard drive, which led to a freeze. I then rebooted said hard drive and now everything works just fine. Apparently it had stopped responding and it led MB to freeze. Don't know why it was only happening when I tried to use the Library but well, now everything is working.

Thanks for your help and your time!

redwing