Author Topic: WASAPI - Chord Mojo - Windows 10 Crash  (Read 9152 times)

Zodler

I have MusicBee 3.0.6335. A Chord Mojo is connected and in the player I have Output: WASAPI and Sound Device: Chord Mojo.

If I play any file I get a real bad Windows 10 blue screen of death and windows crashes and restarts. Just one week ago this worked fine. Any ideas? What should I do?

If I connect another amp like FIIO E17K in the same way, it works, no crash.

phred

• Global Moderator
You might try the latest 3.1 patch. See my sig.
And please report back whether or not the issue was resolved.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
If I play any file I get a real bad Windows 10 blue screen of death and windows crashes and restarts. Just one week ago this worked fine. Any ideas? What should I do?
What error message do you get on the BSOD?
Have you checked the Chord site for an updated driver?
If you recently updated to Windows 10 Creators version than some drivers can be blocked or deleted.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Zodler

I used v3.1 patch and the same crash. This does not happen outside of musicbee in windows 10.

It happens inside music bee and only when I use WASAPI. If I use DirectSound inside MusicBee, it works, no crash.

Stop code: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
failed: cdh76864.sys

I have the latest chord mojo driver 1.0.58 from their site.

Also what is ASIO? That does not work but no crash.

boroda

i cant help you with your issue, but blue screen with SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED exception seems to be very frequent in win10 creators update.

CritterMan

• Now with FiiO M11!
I recommend reinstalling your Chord driver and then engaging their support team if you still have the issue. It might be a known issue with a known solution. If not, they may need to tweak their drivers. cdh76864.sys is a Chord file.
Home Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable • Questyle CMA400i (ASIO) • Sennheiser HD 660S (balanced) / Audeze EL-8 Closed Back / Fostex TR-X00 Ebony • Teac AI-101DA • Jamo C93 + Dayton Audio SUB-1000
Work Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable / Tidal • SMSL SU-8 v2 • Nobsound NS-05P • THX AAA 789 • Sennheiser HD 58X (balanced)
OTG ~ FiiO M11 • Audiofly AF180 / B&O H6

Zodler

I have reinstalled the driver and still the same. Do you know any other free music player that supports direct digital out so I can rule out that it is not MusicBee.

boroda

SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED exception is kernel space exception and mb is definitely a user space program, so its something about your environment even if other players works fine.

Zodler

It's a reasonable test. Anyone knows of a free player that uses WASAPI?

boroda

Zodler

I just tried AIMP. It has 3 modes

WASAPI
WASAPI Exclusive (Event)
WASAPI Exclusive (Push)

The first works. The other 2 crashes windows 10. The first one that works does not send the original stream.
It seems it converts before sending. The Mojo input color does not change.

CritterMan

• Now with FiiO M11!
Is "event mode" checked in your MB preferences? If so, uncheck it and try again. It's on the player tab just under where you choose WASAPI output.
Home Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable • Questyle CMA400i (ASIO) • Sennheiser HD 660S (balanced) / Audeze EL-8 Closed Back / Fostex TR-X00 Ebony • Teac AI-101DA • Jamo C93 + Dayton Audio SUB-1000
Work Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable / Tidal • SMSL SU-8 v2 • Nobsound NS-05P • THX AAA 789 • Sennheiser HD 58X (balanced)
OTG ~ FiiO M11 • Audiofly AF180 / B&O H6

Steven

• Administrator
I just tried AIMP. It has 3 modes

WASAPI
WASAPI Exclusive (Event)
WASAPI Exclusive (Push)
WASAPI non exclusive is the same as Direct Sound ie. Direct Sound uses WASAPI in shared mode

Zodler

Is "event mode" checked in your MB preferences? If so, uncheck it and try again. It's on the player tab just under where you choose WASAPI output.
I do not find "event mode" in MusicBee.

Steven

• Administrator
update to v3.1 from the first forum topic. However event mode hasnt worked well for several users but it works fine for me