Author Topic: Ok few questions  (Read 1947 times)

imrule62

I have a huge library is there a way to automatically tag songs that are missing tags.
Also any idea's what to do if musicbee can't find an album when manually tagging, this seems quite comman, (Kind of funny it finds some that other players can't but vise versa)
 And my biggest question
 On just a few albums Musicbee is showing multiple copies of the same song and they are not correct, its like each song is generating the whole album of songs. And when I try and delete the extra copies it deletes all it wasn't doing this on windows media.
 Any help?
 I have just been using this about a month so any tips or where to find info for a beginner would also be great,

alec.tron

Heya,
welcome to the forum.

- Automatic taggings I can't help with as I do not use it, but there's various ways in MusicBee.
- for the multiple files, I've seen this happen if there are .cue files & that could be what is happening. i.e. when you drag a folder to MusicBee with files and a cue sheet, I've seen doubled up data, especially if the .cue file holds different info than the files on disc, then you get an extra set of missing files coming from the cue file...
- for help:
You do need to be able & willing to do basic problem-solving & troubleshooting when using MusicBee as there is a lot of functionality & powerful tools/workflows/plugins...
This forum here can be a great help, you've found that ;)
Then there's the twiki:
http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/MusicBee_Wiki

All the bestest.
c.

imrule62

Ok thank you I will try a little bit longer to figure this out otherwise I just find another player.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I have a huge library is there a way to automatically tag songs that are missing tags.
Also any idea's what to do if musicbee can't find an album when manually tagging, this seems quite comman, (Kind of funny it finds some that other players can't but vise versa)
 And my biggest question
 On just a few albums Musicbee is showing multiple copies of the same song and they are not correct, its like each song is generating the whole album of songs. And when I try and delete the extra copies it deletes all it wasn't doing this on windows media.
 Any help?
 I have just been using this about a month so any tips or where to find info for a beginner would also be great,

If a track is completely missing tags, you can try the auto-tag command within the tag editor, which includes the option to analyze the track by sound signature.  There's no guarantee it'll work for every track, but could cut down the number you have to do by ear.

The duplicate tracks proabably mean that there's an embedded cue file.  Open the tag editor and look for a cue file button under the artwork and ratings in the main Tags tab.

Check out the wiki for general help.  Some info is missing, but most of the preferences are covered, as well as layout.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

imrule62

And thank you I think that is the problem now I'll try and fix it, I have the songs backed up so I'll try and delete the cue, unless someone has a better idea.
 I think this will be a good program for me, after I figure it out LOL!!
 Do wish the Now playing portion had a back button, don't know how many times I have already lost my playlist because I click on something.
Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 01:48:40 AM by imrule62

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I'm not sure I follow you about the back button, but you can always make a wishlist request
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

imrule62

Oh what I mean is when your listening to an album or a group of songs but playing with library (tagging ect.)and you click something and  it clears the now playing section and starts a new list there is no way to get back to the original now playing. Its not a big deal just got to be careful. And I think I saw a place where instead of clearing the whole thing it just adds to it.

redwing

And I think I saw a place where instead of clearing the whole thing it just adds to it.

Yes, you can define "Play Now" action in Preferences> Now Playing.
Also history node will take you at least to the last played songs, not the whole previous now playing list though.