Author Topic: Cover Art instead of Artist Picture  (Read 2004 times)

LamaPatate

Hello,

I've recently finally decided to switch from iTunes I can't bear anymore to MusicBee, but I experience a few minor issues while using it, I will do a new thread for each to make it easier to search for and clearer for helping people to answer.

One of them is I would want to have cover arts instead of the artist picture while using the thumbnail browser like in iTunes 12 artist view mode.
I talk about this precise part of the program:

Actually, I want for all artists the same behaviour as what you get when an artist hasn't been found through internet by MusicBee ; if MusicBee doesn't find the artist through internet, it will prompt the first cover art instead of the artist picture, I want this for all the artists without modifying the artist tag if it's possible.

I know such a suggestion could be considered as odd but I'm very accustomed to iTunes 12 interface by now, and to be honest I would prefer the artist pictures to stay in the artist picture panel only and nowhere else since I find a lot of them not very appealing, I could simply not show any picture at all too, but it would make my search more fastidious since I used to just remember the displayed cover art and click on it for an artist.

Thanks for your future responses and sorry in advance for making several threads about different problems I encounter in the next days (will wait if someone tells me I shouldn't make a new thread for each single question).

redwing

Yeah, I see your point. Artists view can show album cover instead for each artist, then why not for artist in thumbnail browser?
But this is not possible currently. You can request in the wishlist adding such an option.

LamaPatate

Thanks for your quick answer, I will do as you said then and request for its potential approval and addition.