Author Topic: Better skip silence funtion?  (Read 16783 times)

Anti

> anal retentives, lazy bastards, scene release collectors

Well, at least you're honest. :D

Steven

• Administrator
i've added a "Skip Silence" DSP function that can be enabled in the equaliser and DSP panel. It skips periods of silence exceeding 1 second and slience is less than -55dB (not configurable)

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2_4/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip

unzip and replace the existing musicbee application files

Cypher

Thanks for implementing that in the new 2.4 beta. I'm testing it right now and it seems to do the job, no problems with songs without silence ATM but what i see is that the DSP also skips the silence at the end of a track, which makes the "remove Silence at start and end of track" function in the Preferences menu obsolete. I have yet to see if it skips silence at the beginning of a track.

Cypher

After using it for a little while, i noticed that the DSP does cut a little bit from the beginning of a track when it's on in some. I had the same issue with the "remove silence at start and end of track" function in the preferences menu.

Penn

It used to baffle me that media players varied in their ability to skip silence or to perform gapless playback. I recently read the Wikipedia entry [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gapless] about the subject and now realise due to the way many music files are encoded it's incredibly difficult to implement with 100% accuracy.

I wonder if there's any way that I could prepare the mp3s from my gapless albums (without having to re-rip) that would make them easier for MusicBee to handle?

Doing hundreds by hand would take me too long. Anyone know of a tool which can accurately determine true silence and track lengths (perhaps using a database) then trim the mp3 (without recompressing)?