Author Topic: Better skip silence funtion?  (Read 17548 times)

Cypher

I know that we can skip the silence at the beginning and the start.
But i want a better skip silence funtion, like that from Foobar2000, that you can configure this function and skips the silence in the song too.
Like this:

Can you make this function like this?

Thanks, Cypher
Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 08:11:08 PM by Cypher

Cypher

BUMP

I really want a better skip silence funtion in Musicbee.

antiPOP

Cypher

Thanks for the support guys (and girls). I really hope that Steven sees this idea and can implement it.
Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 07:37:33 PM by Melvinkooi

Steven

• Administrator
i have had a look at this. Infact the current version has a bug and effectively is not auto-skipping the starting silence, so thats been fixed.
I have also improved the algorithm to skip very brief spikes that can happen in an otherwise quiet section.
I want to avoid adding a setting for the quiet threshold level and will make a version available on the weekend to get feedback about effective the new version is.

Steven

• Administrator
this has the change as described ie. not GUI change or extra settings, just an internal change:
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip

Cypher

Thank you Steven! I will try to test it.

EDIT: It doesn't skip the silence within the track. However it does skip the silence at the begin and the end of the track.
Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 07:55:01 AM by Melvinkooi

Steven

• Administrator
i didnt see that in your original request and you are right its doesnt. I'm not sure i can easily implement that and i will put that aspect on hold

Thorbjorn

+1 Would love that feature. I hate when a track has 15 min of silence in the middle for a "secret" part at the end.

Cypher

i didnt see that in your original request and you are right its doesnt. I'm not sure i can easily implement that and i will put that aspect on hold
Thats what i actually wanted since the beginning. However i didn't made my message so clear to understand so yeah...

Thanks for taking my request BTW. I would be really appreciated if that function is going to be implemented in MusicBee!

Cypher

The improved skip silence at the begin and end of the song function is not perfect ATM. It cuts some seconds of the ending (not the silence) away from some songs.

beeing good

The improved skip silence at the begin and end of the song function is not perfect ATM. It cuts some seconds of the ending (not the silence) away from some songs.

I noticed this as well, it definitely cuts more than silence. This should probably go to the bugs section.

Steven

• Administrator
it will save me some time if someone can send me a file where its not working correctly