Author Topic: Artist Picture instead of Cover Art  (Read 2354 times)

Braetknoedl

Hi,

I'm quite new to musicbee and like everyone else who starts a new topic I can't find an existing solution to my problem. ;D

To keep it short, my overall goal is to have the artist pictures instead of album covers.

Is there an easy way or an option to get this done by musicbee?
Musicbee is allready displaying about 95% of artists correctly in the main panel, so why should this not be possible?!

The other way would be, by drag and drop, manually choosing the artist picture from the Thumb folder.
With more than 1000 artists this in annoying but feasible task. The only problem is that musicbee just saved about 200 (of the nearly 1000 artist pictures shown in the main panel) in my Thumb folder. Why just 200?

Can s.o. help or is there allready a topic I could't find?

redwing

Musicbee is allready displaying about 95% of artists correctly in the main pane

Sounds like the rest 5% of your artist is not available from MB's picture web sources.
If you can find their picture somewhere else, you can paste into either main panel or thumbnail browser ("paste artwork" context menu command gets enabled only when you copied an image to clipboard, ie copy the image first).

Braetknoedl

Sorry. Maybe my explanation was a bit vague.
I don't care about the missing 5%.
I want to have the artist pictures embedded in my mp3s so that the artist and not the album cover is shown e.g. on my mobile.
And I don't want to do this manually. So my question is, if this is can be done by MB as it downloads the artis pictures anyway?
And the other question is, why are there just 200 artist pictures in my Thimb folder when there are about 950 artist pictures are shown in my main panel?

redwing

Sorry, I completely misunderstood.

Well that sounds some work. Probably You will have to do it manually if you really want to. But I'd rather look for a mobile music player that can fetch and show artist picture without going through all that trouble.

why are there just 200 artist pictures in my Thimb folder when there are about 950 artist pictures are shown in my main panel?

Artist pictures are fetched only when it is needed to display, ie you have to go over all artists almost one by one to force MB to look for their picture. Also if only a low quality picture is available, it's just cached without being saved to your local folder. You can check with Artwork Downloader under Tools menu which will show you the dimension and the source of the picture.