Author Topic: Some files from a NAS appear twice in MB  (Read 2019 times)

so_la_la

I still keep having this problem:
https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=12505.msg75833#msg75833
http://imgur.com/a/kRlie
I have no mediaserver running but sth makes the diskstation appear in Musicbee.
So some files appear twice but some don't. I can't trace any pattern causing this behaviour.
I have deleted the diskstation from windows explorer. I have the drives still mapped as network files.
Someone else has a NAS and these problems?
Music Bee 3; EAC; MP3Tag; Music on Synology NAS 115; Logitech Media Server on RPI 3; RPI 2 with Hifiberry; Poweramp for Android/Lineage

Steven

• Administrator
although they might be the same file, i looks like you are adding files from a drive mapped path X:
and also from the UNC path. You need to add the files just using one of the paths eg. check you folder monitor settings in the library preferences, check the paths you use in the manual file scanner etc

so_la_la

Thanks for your reply. However, I have the 'X'-path set as a default location of monitored folders and I have excluded //Diskstation/Music under 'exclude'
Music Bee 3; EAC; MP3Tag; Music on Synology NAS 115; Logitech Media Server on RPI 3; RPI 2 with Hifiberry; Poweramp for Android/Lineage

Steven

• Administrator
as i said, you have the same file added using 2 different paths. MB doesnt decide by itself to randomly add the same file using 2 different paths.
The new "exclude" button only applies to monitoring of new files.
I suggest you sort the main panel by folder path, remove the links you dont want and then make sure all the places you add files to the library from eg. manual folder monitor, continous monitor, drag/drop from windows explorer etc are added from the same path

edit:
i will enhance the new "Exclude" to prompt to remove existing files from the library
Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 07:57:10 AM by Steven

so_la_la

Thank you that helped and I didn't know why this had not crossed my mind before!